Can you help me figure out there tone?

videodrone

I love this tone. The guitar sounds nice and tight, But it doesnt sound like just an amp with really nice tone, it sounds like theres something more there,

I know alot of you guys have alot of experience so I didnt know if you could give me any tips for there tone,

Also are they using compression as an effect maybe to get that tight tone?

Any help would be MORE than appreciated.

www.eattheday.com > than VISUAL SOUND and download BEEBALCARPIOS, its a sample so only takes a second. the guitars volume starts quiet and than it breaks into the distortion, the distortion is a good example of what im looking for.

But any of the 3 samples there are my dream tone!
Happy tone hunting
thanks guys!

Sounds cool, if simple.

I barely listened to it, but it sounds like more than one guitar. If you're trying to get that sound live, you could try a doubling delay, some compression, really hot pick-ups , not in that order obviously.

Try layering tracks of guitars if it's for recording.

Of course thats assuming you can play like that already. He Hee:D

Also, maybe the Bass was playing in unison the guitar lick? Couldn't tell on these crappy computer speakers.:mad:

BTW shouldn't this be in the Guitar & Bass Forum?

some of that sound

might have to do with the type of guitar/pickups. Sounds like the guitar is sort of thin but has been tracked a few times. My guess would be some type of guitar with a single coil pickup in prob the neck position. Im no expert but i would guess its a strat or maybe even a telecaster.

yeah, as far as guitars go and amps, he uses Boner and Diezel and PRS for guitars. he has an assortment of other amps and guitars to play with so im not sure what he actually recorded with

I have a mesa boogie dual rec, Im trying to achieve this tone with this, I love his tone, its my dream tone, But it just sounds like theres something more there, like almost slightly synthy (even though im not really into synthy guitar tones)

Thanks for the advice adn please keep your thoughts on this coming!

Back