Can you daisy chain a firepod to MOTU 8pre

woundedknee

Hey guys,
title pretty much says it all. I am looking into getting a MOTU 8pre and already have a firepod. Can they be daisy chained to work together for 16 preamped inputs? Running in Logic. Thanks for anyhelp.

On a Mac, I assume? If so, then probably, yes, but with the caveat that you'll need a third device that can generate both ADAT and S/PDIF signals to keep them in sync with each other. Well, you might be able to avoid that with an aggregate device and the "resample" checkbox enabled, but I haven't tried it.

Cool, yes I should have specified, it is on a mac. what type of third device is there that can generate both S/PDIF and ADAT? Are we talking software, hardware rack mount? Thanks

Cool, yes I should have specified, it is on a mac. what type of third device is there that can generate both S/PDIF and ADAT? Are we talking software, hardware rack mount? Thanks

Unfortunately, we're talking about pretty expensive hardware (as in more expensive than replacing the FIREPOD with a second 8Pre even if you don't sell the FIREPOD on eBay).

Back