can someone recommend a PA

whitelighter

I hope this is the correct subforum - I know virtually nothing about recording equipment. We have a microphone and a Yamaha p.a. box (I'm not sure what "p.a." stands for). However, the box has proven to be a piece of junk. Every time you turn it on it starts making this really loud buzzing noise. You have to turn it off & on several times before it stops. We've taken it in to have it "fixed" a couple times but the problem always recurs.

We'd like to find a replacement but are on a budget. I know so little about it that I don't even have a specific price range in mind, but can someone recommend a low-priced model that is still reliable? Thanks.

PA systems generally don't have a place in recording.

Maybe you could tell us what you plan to do? That might help with better answers. :)

Welcome.

A PA system stands for Public Address system. And, as mentioned right above, please provide some info about what you want to do, and you'll get some decent advice.

A pair of jbl prx 612m with prx 618xlf sub. These are powered speakers. U will sound like a pro. But it will set u back 3 grand.
If u dont need that much power then just buy a pair of speakers with woofers 8" or bigger. I still recommend Jbl brand.

Back