Can I run more than one effect in different channels?

HSX

I just got a Lexicon MPX 1 and I am new to the whole external effects game. I have a Samson Mixpad 9 that has send and return connections so I can get my MPX 1 into the mix. I was able to set everything up and get the MPX working.

So hear is my question......can I only use 1 effect at a time. Is there any way to set external effects to do simultaneous effects. Like if I want a hall reverb on some sounds and a delay on some others. Looking at the way things are setup, it looks like I can only loop one effect back into my track.

I deally I would like to have one channel on my Samson receive an effect for percussions, a different effect on another channel for synth and another effect on another channel for bass etc...

Is this possible or are these things made with the intention of only putting out one effecr at a time? Would I have to get a different one of these for each track that I want to get a diifferent effect on?

I appreciate the help...

It depends on your effects unit. Some stereo units allow you to put one effect in each channel and thus use a single box for two different (mono) effects. But most units can only handle one effect at a time. This is (one reason) why high end mixers have multiple effects busses, so you can hook up several effects units at once.

Back