Can anyone suggest a sub $200 USB/Firewire interface?

GBJERRY

I am using a Power Book 1Ghz for podcasting. Using a Snowball USB now and want to step up to something like a Rode NT1A. I need a suitable interface for it. I am looking for a more "complete" and "warmer" output than I am having now. I would imagine it is not too hard to improve on a USB set up, but my level of knowledge in the audio recording field is the limiting factor here.

Any help or guidance toward affordable interfaces would be appreciated.

I did read this which seemed somewhat sensible since one can pay the price of a good used pickup truck for one of these.

"Just get the DMP-3 from Thommann. It's really not worth fretting over this pre and that pre in this price range.

Thanks

Jerry

Mackie Onyx Sattelite

I have a different Onyx interface, but the Sattelite seems like a great value for the money, with two channels of Onyx preamps.

Pete

the mackie onyx Sattelite sounds great for 200 dollars. iv used it and the preamps are beautiful. i would go with that if your looking for quality. but then again if your looking to save money behringer makes some subpar interfaces that ... get the job done. i dont know to much about pod casts but i would immagion that they dont need to be top quality, so both would probibly be sufficient.

Back