building my own LA2a

ad0lescnts

Hey guys,
In quest of fun and lack of boredom in summer i decided to build my own LA2a. I have most of the parts now except for a couple. Does anyone know where i can get a UTC A-24 output converter? And where is a good place to find a VU meter?

If anyone is interested i got a book on it at http://home.earthlink.net/~djahnsen/index.htm . The book is good but it has a lot of mistakes and doesn't explain a lot of things good enough. If you're going to do it you have to know what you're doing or know a friend that does that can answer your questions ( : the guy who sells them answered all my questions thoroughly about it before i bought it, but once i got it and had questions pertaining to uncertainty because of inconsistancy in the book, he didn't reply to my emails anymore. It's still a great resource though...

All of the parts will end up costing me about 600 dollars, and it should be very similar to the original. The circuit is exactly the same.

I'll post some pictures and clips when i get it done

Thanks,
T

+ does anyone know exactly where to press the holes for the screws for the rack mount? I know a sheet metal buy that will do all the holes but I don't know where to tell him to press them. The height of the rack is exactly 5 1/4".

T

Your hole centers should be about 18.5" center to center. There is a bit of leeway in the spec and that is why most rack units have slots instead of holes for the screws. The actual tolerance is around 18 1/4 - 18 5/8.

Back