Building my new Pedalboard...

BlindCowboy

I'm messing with a couple of configurations, and truthfully, there's too many pedals and not enough time. If anybody wants to think of a good configuration, or how you would line these guys out, i'd appreciate it. It'll save me some experimenting time!

Here's my pedals. I've got several A/B boxes, so put'em where ya like.

As for style of playing, I play Texas country, Country, Southern Rock, and some 60's/70's covers. I'm going into a Fender Blue's Jr. and/or a '65 Fender Blackface Bassman. I want to set it up to be either stereo, or mono. Most of my venues are mono (small rooms with the Jr.), and I run stereo on my larger outdoor shows. (Even then, it's usually dual out put to the Bassman.)

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Behringer CS100 Compressor/Sustainer
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Kensington Volume (Passive Mono)
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Daddy O. Overdrive
Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phase Shifter
RockTron Tsunami Chorus/Ambiance
Digitech Digidelay
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail
Rocktron Hush
A/B Box(s)

Thanks ahead of time

Blind Cowboy...

BlindCowboy said:
A/B Box

Signal A-
Fender PT-100 Tuner

Signal B-
Danelectro Daddy O. Overdrive
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Kensington Volume (Passive Mono)
Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phase Shifter
RockTron Tsunami Chorus/Ambiance
Digitech Digidelay
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail

Rocktron Hush (get rid of it)

Behringer CS100 Compressor/Sustainer (get rid of it)

This way your tuner isn't in your signal chain. Your distortions are first. Your modulations, delays, and reverbs are after your volume so you can do swells, and if you turn down your volume via pedal, the delays and reverbs will naturally end.

This is how I did it. I also own a '65 bassman, great amps.

You've taken out the Hush and Compressor... I've always run a compressor to pull up my leads. I switch from rythm to lead on different songs. And I use the Hush to kill my Tele when it gets out of line, especially with the Big Muff. I say that to ask you this: What would be my alternatives?

And yea. The Bassman is beautiful. You can just push, and push, and push.

nice puzzle.

Here's my two cents:

Guitar
Volume pedal
wah pedal

A/B box (split the signal)

[A channel: rhythm]

big Muff
Chorus/Ambience
Reverb

[B Channel: solo]

Compressor
Danelectro OD
Digital Delay

A/B box (switch to select between A or B)

Hush
Amp

This way yer path is a wee bit shorter from guitar to the amp. Also, with the big solo coming up you can have the compressor, OD, and delay ready to go with one click of the selector box. one more click and yer back to the rhythm part.

I'm not sure where to place the phase: maybe at the end before the Hush or perhaps in rhythm or solo channels (if you would only use it in either situation). I must admit that I don't own a phase.

Tuner: If you have an A/B box with a "common" or "tuner" output, put it there (preferable the first A/B box).

Back