best way to hook up analog mixer to audio interface?

mofat

I've got an Allen and Heath Zed12fx and a bunch of outboard rack reverb gears and a few nice mic preamps i wanna hook up to my audio interface which is a Roland V-Studio 100. I only do cover songs but I wanna record 1 dry and 1 wet track. What do you suggest?

What actual gear are we talking about hooking up?
Looking at your interface you have 4(?) inputs on 1/4 inch jacks, which is likely to limit how much stuff you can connect.

audio interface----------------------mixer---------------outboard gear
Roland V-Studio 100----------------Zed12FX------------------Roland SDE-330
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL-----------------------------------Roland SRV-330
Steinberg UR28M-----------------------------------------------T.C. Electronic M-One
------------------------------------------------------------------Behringer Rev2496
------------------------------------------------------------------Lexicon MPX-1
------------------------------------------------------------------DBX 1066 (compressor)
Mic Pre-Amp
Vintech Audio X73i
Universal Audio LA-610mk2
Focusrite ISA One

Sorry, I have a lot of gears but not so much knowlege. I chose to use the
Roland V-Studio 100 because it has low latency and
it doubles as a controller..not to mention it's very reliable.
The reverbs aren't bad either.

You have more gear than you have inputs for, so you will need to do a bunch of patching when you change your configuration.

With the preamps, I would plug them directly into the interface. The Allen heath isn't terrible, but it isn't as good as the preamps you have, so you might lose some of the benefit of the high end circuitry by running it through a low end mixer. If you want compression on the way in, plug the preamp into the compressor and the compressor into the interface.

If you need effects and dry at the same time, you have to use the mixer. Plug the aux 1 output into an input on the interface. Aux 1 will be your dry signal. Plug aux 2 output into the effects processor and the output of the effects processor into two channels on the mixer. Connect the main mix output of the mixer to two inputs on the interface.

Most of the time, it is pointless to record the signal with effects. You never know how much effect will work in the mix until you are mixing. Setting up effects in your headphone mix is common, but since you don't need to record it, the effects don't need to be special, just convienient.

Thx Jay for your suggestion. Will I lose much quality by using the Zed mixer? So my vocals will come from the analog mixer and music instrumental will come from my DAW on my interface and they are mixed together on the interface? So in essense i will create 3 separate tracks on my Cubase (1 instrumental, 1 dry mono and 1 wet stereo)?
Does that sound right?

Back