Best Reverb for the money?

Thanks guys,
I already have some decent VST reverbs, my current favorite is the Kjaerhus Classic Reverb as well as some of their other effects. Their great, and …. FREE.
http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/download.php

I am really after a quality outboard verb with digital I/O 24bit 48Khz. I believe this will help me to use it as a plug in, so I don’t have to go through DA/AD again if I want to add it later. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

I agree with avoiding cheap verbs as I would be better off using Software. The “B” does get great reviews though. All the same, I am still heading towards the Lexicon MX. Does anyone have one of these units? Are they good? I would love to go up to the PCM but they are just a bit too pricy.

I already have a the E-mu1616m as an interface so the Omega is probably not what I am after.
The SPX is only 16 bit so not so sure on that one. It does get great reviews for its sound though, so I am keeping an open mind.

Thanks again,
Rastus.

If you really want a PCM but not pay that price, you ought to reconsider Behringer's V-Verb. I have the PCM-81 and the V-Verb, and I would not hesitate to use one over the other. Before getting the V-Verb, I wanted to get the PCM-91 to go along with my 81 because I need more good quality plates. After buying the V-Verb from reading all the good reviews here and at Gearslutz, I realized I found the sound I was looking for and did not need to go for the PCM-91. If you want the PCM quality but not the price, the V-Verb is the best way to go IMHO.

I'm not sure why you couldn't use the Lexicon Omega as a stand alone reverb - just go in and out and put that on a track... it's hard to imagine that the Behringer V-verb is remotely comparable.

I'm not sure why you couldn't use the Lexicon Omega as a stand alone reverb - just go in and out and put that on a track... it's hard to imagine that the Behringer V-verb is remotely comparable.

Believe it. I'm usually the first one in line to doubt that Behringer can do anything right, but this is *killer*.

Frank

Believe it. I'm usually the first one in line to doubt that Behringer can do anything right, but this is *killer*.

Frank

Hear, hear. Behringer's analog electronics may sometimes be crap (noisy), and their mics may similarly be subpar (bog standard Chinese bits), but they generally seem to do a good job with digital stuff like the V-Verb. Their V-Amp guitar modeler series is also highly regarded. I have a bass V-Amp Pro myself.

Believe it. I'm usually the first one in line to doubt that Behringer can do anything right, but this is *killer*. Frank

Hmmm... that's good to know. I'm not a Behringer hater so I'll have to check it out.

Ray Kurzweil had a neat comment in one of his books where he said that technology starts out being extremely expensive and barely working, and evolves into working beautifully and costing almost nothing or being free.

Pocket calculators went that way, and maybe this is digital reverb doing that.

Now, to be fair, it's not Bricasti either. I mean, let's be reasonable. But man...there's *nothing* else even remotely close to it at that price or many times that price.

The trade-off seems to be the usual Behringer QC problems though...my two work just fine, but there are more than a few reports of units that arrive DOA or end up that way after a few weeks. Caveat emptor, as usual.

Frank

how about pcm 70 lexicon?
i have one and i must say that it is the best reverb i have ever heard....

just remove some low's and high's(from the concert hall reverb),and you will hear the best hall reverb you can get.....believe me..........
just spend more....it worths it........

how about pcm 70 lexicon?
i must say that it is the best reverb i have ever heard....

The best Ive ever heard are the underground chambers at capitol records in LA.

There are alot of nice older yamahas that were used in the 80s arround on craigslist and Ebay.

I've heard a couple of comments about the converters on the V-Verb being better than those on the EMU 1210m. Can anyone comment on this? Are both the AD and DA converters better?

Anyone using the V-Verb as a converter?

Back