Best Reverb for the money?

If you are a DIYer you could build the granddaddy of them all a plate see e.g. http://www.platereverb.com and there are other plans similar out there as well. That's a tad complex. The Paia Spring reverb is good too. IT uses two sets of springs and you have to hack the wiring on them a bit. But the relationship of the springs eliminates a lot of the "sproinginess"' you get with spring reverbs.

The old school single rack cheap Lexicon & Alesis units are decent for most applications. Midiverb 4 and Mpx 200 works pretty good. Anybody throwing up in their mouth on these units?

Yeah...like Fishmed says above, this thing is astounding for the price. I do in fact have a Kurzweil Rumour racked right below the 2496. From just a few hours of testing I'd say they're comparable in most respects, but that the 2496 beats the Rumour pretty handily on the long 'verbs. I mean, seriously...the down side to cheap reverb units has *always* been the big room sounds. They're typically grainy and irritating. The 2496 is as smooth as it could be. Adjusting the pre-delay time does just what it should...makes the source pop and gives the tail some definition. I found it very easy to find a dozen different settings that would have worked perfectly in this mix. Too bad I finished it before I got the 2496..

Frank
My Kurzweil is actually racked right above mine. Got mine a couple weeks ago, and after playing around with it a lot, I'd have to say WOW. For this price, I can't believe it. I'm actually going to it more than the Kurzweil now. They sound pretty similar, but at this price, I may have to get another one and sell the Kurz. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Also, I haven't found a false faceplate for it yet, anyone know where I can get one?

My Kurzweil is actually racked right above mine. Got mine a couple weeks ago, and after playing around with it a lot, I'd have to say WOW. For this price, I can't believe it. I'm actually going to it more than the Kurzweil now. They sound pretty similar, but at this price, I may have to get another one and sell the Kurz. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Also, I haven't found a false faceplate for it yet, anyone know where I can get one?

1) Get an SKB Case to place any and all Behringer units in it
2) Set the case close to your normal racks for ease of use
3) Place the cover back on the SKB to hide the hideous when not in use

PAPER BAG TRICKS can be used for more than one occasion. :D

1) Get an SKB Case to place any and all Behringer units in it
2) Set the case close to your normal racks for ease of use
3) Place the cover back on the SKB to hide the hideous when not in use

PAPER BAG TRICKS can be used for more than one occasion. :D
^Now that's good thinkin'

man, this thing has AES/EBU , SPDIF connection and word clock too:eek:
So does it stil work?

Problems yet?:cool:

T

man, this thing has AES/EBU , SPDIF connection and word clock too:eek:
So does it stil work?

Problems yet?:cool:

T

It's been rock solid for me...then again, I've only had it a few weeks and there are the usual Behringer quality issues like slightly wiggly knobs and buttons that are just a little too small for the faceplate. They have no effect whatsoever on performance though.

Frnak

I can't seem to find the 2496 in the West end music shops , i don't normally shop on the net.

I did see the Behringer Virtuliser Pro , which is also a multi effects unit , does that come close to the 2496?

Dave

I can't seem to find the 2496 in the West end music shops , i don't normally shop on the net.

I did see the Behringer Virtuliser Pro , which is also a multi effects unit , does that come close to the 2496?

Dave

The 2496 has been discontinued by Behringer, so it would not surprise me if local music stores do not have them in stock. It seems that MF buys in such bulk that when something is discontinued, they dump the product to move it out of their inventory. MF maybe the last common place to find them.

I don't know about the actual effects on their other FX unit, but the 2496 is the only one they made with the digital I/O, so I doubt the other will have as much routing flexibility.

Dave

nope.

but for $100 it is a quite decent multi effects unit (compared to the dod or digitech stuff you can get for the same price at least).

but it's no vverb. they I think share 1 algo as far as I can tell from my ears.

and I think the vpro was before the vverb? maybe? unsure about that. maybe other way around but I think I'm right.

anyway, the vverb is what you want for a great dedicated reverb unit brand new without a lot of cash.

I'm uncertain if I said it clearly before about the ibanex sdr-1000. that is a surpremely amazing reverb unit. superior in it's reverbs to the vverb. and it's cheaper. but it's also old, hard to find, no warranty, and so on. they're both great units.

we're SOOOOOOO lucky these days to have gear like this at our disposal that doesn't cost $2000 per unit. really lucky.

Just a little update on the V-Verb. After one month of use, and thinking I had dodged the Behringer bullet, suddenly and without warning, poof, out goes the left channel. Sent her off for a replacement though. I don't want a refund, I want that sound that no one believes comes out of an $80 box. Actually thought about getting another one so I have one to use while the other one is being shipped off for repair or replacement. Hmmmmm, crappy cheap unit breaks after one month and I want to buy another one? Have I gone totally nuts?

GZ

I...well, I bought a spare just in case that happened. It's a little embarrassing how much I like this thing. :o

Frank

Back