replace firepod with a 1010lt or motu 2408 mkII/III

have a firepod,
and looking for something with better quality conversion and less latency,

i have it down to a:
m audio - 1010LT,
and a motu 2408 mkII

can anyone give me any leverage as to one over the other?,

Last edited:
The Delta 1010 (with the breakout box) has better converters than the LT. If you are patient you might be able to find one used for around $300.

I absolutely love my MOTU 2408, but I'm not confident that's what you're really looking for... wouldn't directly replace the Firepod... There's no pres

I use both the MOTU 2408 and the Midi Timepiece AV as the central point of Studio... It's been rock solid in synchronizing and routing multiple audio formats. The TDIF I/O for a couple of TASCAM digital boards, ADAT for a Mackie Hard Disk recorder, and analogue I/O to bypass the mixers for for featured channels or overdubs right into the computer. It's a workhorse in any studio, I don't think you could find two pieces of gear that wouldn't connect through this box...

But I'm still not convinced that it's the right choice for you... Do you really need that many format conversions at this time... sounds to me as though you'd be paying a lot of money for features you don't really need right now. You may want to look at the MOTU 8-Pre for your application.

If you can live with 6 inputs the M-audio 610 is great..beats the hell out of the digi 003!!

have a firepod,
and looking for something with better quality conversion and less latency,

i have it down to a:
m audio - 1010LT,
and a motu 2408 mkII

can anyone give me any leverage as to one over the other?,

Hey man, check out this link........

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=293626

"Thajeremy"...........has two rack mount delta 1010's for sell, each for 250 bucks!!!!!

Also he has sold/traded with members on this forum quite a few times so you won't have to worry about his word.

also......here is another link from M-Audio's website of these units.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta1010.html

Hope this helps man!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!

Back