beringer ultradisapopintment

jmorris

I just bought a berringer ultragain mic preamp.Tube style. I plug it in and fire it up all excited and I have a huge amount of NOISE!!!! Whats the deal with this thing? Are all pre's noisey? I can't believe that to be the case. I cant even use the thing. Some out there fill me in. Thanks. Jim

dont have any power probs do u ...?? i mean nothing else hums or hisses....?? i havent had any experience with that preamp , and dont know if its common for preamps to be like this ,...Perhaps there more prone to interference from other things... but i have heard some bad things about behringers , though i have a 2642A and i have no problems ,... so perhaps try moving it out of the rack , then try it ... If it doesnt work , i would be waltzing back to the shop and exchanging it either for another one or another make .... i hear the joe meeks are quite good ...
anyway good luck
spider

I bought a Behringer Ultra Gain 3 weeks ago and mine is quiet as a dead mouse. Are you using a Furman power conditioner or other like product? Did you test it with several different mics and cables?
Yours might have been made by a poor little Chinaman that was behind on his quota. His supervisor was probably beating him with a bamboo pole trying to make him work faster, and you know how tough it is to make good soldering joints when your getting beaten with a bamboo pole.

Joe Meek rules! I have either owned or have the VC3Q, VC6Q and Now the VC1Q I am a green box loving son of a bit&*^ ;-)

Hey Shakes,
I've read all I can find on the the Meek gear and I've heard nothing but good reviews. I've been looking at the VC6Q, but maybe I should go ahead and get the VC1Q. Have you run a bass through it?

LOL thats funny as hell I was just tracking some bass with the VC1Q for the first time. I have only had that one for a little while and am still trying things out. I got an awsome punchy warm sound out of it tonight, I like it. The VC3Q is nice if thats all you can afford and you mostly just want a preamp. The VC6Q has a lot more toys to play with and you have a ton more control over the compression and Eq, as well as that Instrument/line in the front. And the VC1Q Is the bad as$ of the three by far. Mic in and Instrument in, right in the front. Great control over any of its number of options. Everything from the Pre, the Comp, the Enhancer, to the MeEQ is preemo gear! Another thing that makes them so nice is they are so well built. I have not heard any stories at all of them spazzing
out.Anyway can you tell I like the Meek line of gear ;-) If you can afford the VC6Q I would get that one. Or if you do a ton of vocals spend a little more and get the VC1Q Studio. This box shines on vocals. Anyway there is my bucks worth..

Have you hugged your Meek today?

Well Shakes, you've sold me on the Green Machine, now I just need to pass the enthusiasm on to my wife. I'll just have her read your post.......heck, it convinced me!
BTW, I'll tell Joe Meek they owe you a sales commission.

meekmania

Hey boys, how does the meeks c2.2 & c2 compare to the models your talking about? What is there price range? I cant find those models in my catalogs. Jim

Joe Meek PreAmp

Shakesclown,

I like what your saying. I'm about to drop
the $ for a VCQ6. Talk meinto OK ? I want
to give my acoustic all the silk I can find.
Would you reccomend anything better ?

Chuck

Your not going to find anything comparable for anywhere around that pricerange in my opinion. One step up from there is the VC1Q which has a lot more controls and features and a different kind of Pre, if you do a lot of vocals I could justify the extra 100 bucks but if not and you are just using it for instruments then I would get the VC6Q. I love the VC6Q and the 1/4 plug in the front is really nice for those quick ideas. Anyone of them you buy will make you very happy. The Compressor is legendary as well, and MeQ is very nice. The joemeek makes digital come back to life.

Shakes!

Have you hugged your meek today?

Back