Behringer UB series mixers

distortedrumble said:
luck of the draw i guess

Yep. I guess that's all I was saying.
Sorry about the rant, I just re-read it and it sounded really bitchy. :rolleyes:

If the 802 is all you need, then there is no alternative in the price range. Good luck. Hijack over, hostages freed, we now return you to the regularly scheduled thread :D

Karel Lootens said:
Hello,

I was looking at some behringer mixers in our local store the other day.
I know lots of people find the MX board to be noisy on the mic pre-amps, but the UB series has different pre's, promisingly called 'invisible mic pre-amp'...

anyone have any experience with these? I've read here on the forum during a quick search that UB's have very silent electronics for the price. I was also looking at the SoundCraft compact mixer which sells for triple the price (not so hard if you look at the Behringer prices :) )

we're looking at demo recording at home here, into a computer. Especially voice over Band-in-a-Box MIDI sequences rendered with Soundfonts for music. would I better invest in the SC compact? or maybe just get the Behringer, use it for fun later and maybe if we ever want to start serious recording go for a upper range mixer instead of the compact?

btw, this forum has helped me a great deal already. thank you everyone! :p

Karel

Learn with the Behringer, got one and am not complaining, it does the job.

Behringer makes the greatest disposable gear on the planet. There ought to be a landfill somewhere full of them.

I'll also vouch for the Yamaha MG series. I have an MG16/4, and cant fault it. chose it over a Behringer cos of the more solid construction and better sound. Yamaha products are great, WAY better build than the Behringer stuff.
Hope this helps.

I love my yamaha mg12/4. I love my friends soundcraft compact 4 (but too small for me). I didn't love my ub802 at all. It worked, that's about it. And that was most of the time, not all of the time. People bitch an moan about the soundquality...I don't disagree. But i had much more problems with build quality. Having my left main out just stop working, random noice in the second preamp. Things like that. It took awhile for it to get to that point, but that pissed me off way more than the sound quality. If you need something to get you by, it will work. If you need something for awhile, look else where, and never look back.

i have a ub2442fx-pro and i love it... im not seeing the problems that people always claim behringer has.

it's a great value, and it stands up firm next to a mackie or yamaha in the
same range. i smoke cigarettes and let dust collect on my project studio
and the behringer i had before this one didn't ever give me any problems..
I traded up to the bigger one here.

I agree, I am not a behringer fan.. but I bought my UB fx mixer more than 2 yrs ago and never have a problem with it until now. Then followed by a condenser mic , and the recent (a year ago) was a vocal compressor. All of them are working good. Listeners (take note they are musicans too) are asking.. What equipment do you have?

Just play and try to "Learn" seriously how to use them and for sure you will be satisfied.

Some people are just hated behri because they are influenced by other haters. haha. "mentality"

Generally the problem is not the name Behri or whatever.. its your 'Knowldege" on how to use it.

Back