Behringer Digital DEQ1024 Equalizer....?

.....AND THE SAGA CONTINUES!!....oh frigg it!
I returned that equalizer, no problems, the shop guys understood (one even told me that he expected me back!!...sheeeet!)
I'll look around for some other eq's in the near future.

Now, I did some research on the Behringer Multicom MDX4600 quad compressor, so I swapped the eq for that and got some change in my pocket from the transaction....ok I thought, this is ok, I needed a basic compressor(s) anyway...and some new guitar strings.

Got home, plugged her in, she lit up like a tree, and I thought woohoo, warp factor 9......set 4 seperate channels of recorded drum kit into the desk, connected said compressor via track inserts from my desk, set the controls to the suggested starting point, and thought...geeeesh, where have you been all my life. It sounded good!!......then channel 4 started cracking up, then 3, then 2 then 1 lost it's control responses and the lamps started flickering on 2,3,4!!!...this was an avionics 'stall warning' at it's best!!! (shit all over aircrash investigations!!)...I bailed.
So....guess what I'm doing again tomorrow!!??...yep...

scream at the top of my lungs,
"I'm sick of this and I'm not going to take it anymore!"....

then laugh.

Regards,
Superspit.

Superspit,
We have a saying here in the South, "Bless Your Heart!"

(Can we make this a sticky yet?)

Hi all,
howsaboutan update?
Took the unit back (oh, they are 'DrumPower', located in Bayswater, Melbourne).
You should've seen the look on their faces when i walked back in...'bemused' is the word that springs to mind....
"Him no work..I hate him, channel 2 no work then all channel now no work, he's fucked".....I politely explained.
The guys put it on test, and the lights were then all working fine, (typical!) just like a bought one. They then (an interested group of 4 assistants) went into the prac rooms and plugged the Multicom into a P.A.
Straight away the unit did it's little hissy fit and almost took out their speakers before dying again.
"yer, it's not a good unit, you want to try another one, um,er, or what?" the assistant asked.

So, I'm at home right now, and actually really impressed by this new 4 channel compressor I purchased. I've mixed down some drums thru it, and they sound great and punchy.

Would anyone care to guess what I brought home?....giggle, giggle.

Anyways,
Cheers,
Superspit.

Hey True!!...man!....what your doin'?

My new (upcoming) unit?....yeah, it looks all fancy crazy like....If nothing else, it'll go towards the starship Enterprise bridge look.:D
....we'll see how it goes....I've been quite lucky so far with the brand!!
oh...except for my Ultramiser, my Composer, oh...my 8 way AC ditributor..etc....oh..shit!....what have I done?:eek:
Regards,
Spit.
:D:D:D...one cannot be held fully accountable for their actions, during moments of intense gas....:eek::D

I am trying to get my sound devices up and working...man, I am so freaking frustrated and half pissed(no, not drunk you aussie!!:D)...I had a tech walking round my puter last night and still no go yet....we will see what happens today...;)

I am having great withdrawal pains....

Have a good one Spit...and fun with the new gear!!!

True:)

G'Day Guys....
Dont' let the name put you off, I have a valid question to those who actually own one of these units or have experience running them...

Does it sux or should I buy's the fooking thing....I can get it for 239 buh.:p

It would appear that, by looking at the specs, and it's price point that it's quite good value....I would throw it onto the master section of my desk, replacing the current onboard 8 slider Alto EQ section. (which is fine, but quite limited).

So, there you go kokomo!....whatdoyareckon???
Oh, by the way...Behringer Bashers? that's fine, but looking for constructive more than the bash....:):p
Thanx!!
Kindest Regards,
Spit.

97.5% of Beh gear sucks. Among the many negatives associated w Beh crap is:
Audible noise accompanying signals;
Poor control parameters that are set too high that making critical incremental adj'mnts on signal processing near impossible.
Verified record of equipment failure.

Don't waste your time on the DEQ. My son bought one against my advice and sure enuff, the left channel crapped out!

97.5% of Beh gear sucks. Among the many negatives associated w Beh crap is:
Audible noise accompanying signals;
Poor control parameters that are set too high that making critical incremental adj'mnts on signal processing near impossible.
Verified record of equipment failure.

Don't waste your time on the DEQ. My son bought one against my advice and sure enuff, the left channel crapped out!

Yeah....I'm hearing you, and agree!
I'm currently looking into the ART stereo graphics...they seem interesting!!
Thanx,
Spit.

Oh God did you buy another Behringer???

Bad! No! We do that outside!

And stop referring to the Behringer gear by "he" and "him" - makes me think that Behri crap is going to come to life and kill me wby raising the noise floor so high it crushed me against the ceiling of headroom.

Back