Behringer ADA8000 - How to get input signal thru to the line outs (w/FS-160)?

Or, as I stated above-on the second 8000, you use mic input to the 8000, ADAT out to ADAT in. and analog line out to the line ins, #'s 5-8, on the Digi. The 002, at least, only has preamps on channels 1-4. Channels 5-8 are line-in only. 9-10 by SPD/IF. Channels 11-18 by ADAT. So- what the second 8000 can do is give you preamps with mic ins for channels 5-8.

Yeah, that will work, but I'd shop for an alternative.
Seems a bit much to go a/d-d/a just to get use of half of another ada8000.

Yeah, that will work, but I'd shop for an alternative.
Seems a bit much to go a/d-d/a just to get use of half of another ada8000.

I agree. That's why I only use one. Channels 5-10 are serviced by outboard preamps. I use the S/PDIF out on a JoeMeek twinQ for 9-10, and an Avalon and a Pendulum on channels 5-8. But- the OP asked how you would use 2 ADA8000's into a Digi003. I was just pointing out that all of those 1/4" jacks on the back of the ADA8000 aren't inserts. They are balanced 1/4" line outs, and nothing comes out of them without some kind of digital input. No digital in, no analog out. It's not a mixing desk. I got the 8000 just to access a lot of channels for a Sci Fi radio play that calls for a lot of simultaneous open mics. And for what it costs, the 8000 is a very useful box.

Hi all

Thankyou for the suggestions. Would any one know if its possible to get a firewire or usb to adat converter to gain me the extra 8 ins and outs .

Many thanks

Hi all

Thankyou for the suggestions. Would any one know if its possible to get a firewire or usb to adat converter to gain me the extra 8 ins and outs .

Many thanks

Unfortunately, that question has already been answered. The Digi003 only supports 18 channels. Anything else would have to be submixed. The simplest solution by far is- get another 003. They should piggyback just fine.

Back