behringer ada8000?

FoulPhil

They have one in the pawn shop for $100, I know they cost around $200 new. My question is if anyone has used one and if it's worth buying. How good is it? It would be a cheap way to expand my 003 Rack+ to 16 channels, but I just wanted to get some advice on if anyone thinks it's any good.

Is this thing a good solution or should I save up $4 or $500 for something decent like one of those focusrite deals? I don't really need it yet, just figured if it was a good buy I should get it.

If I saw one in a pawn shop for $100, I'd buy it. But then I've already got one and would like to have another. I'm currently using mine for 8 outs (to outboard FX and then back in) and it works just fine. I'd love to have another for 8 more ins.

Get it! I have one which I bought to have 8 more ins AND 8 more outs from my M Audio Profire 2626 and it works real well.

For the price, there's no better way to bring in 8 more channels via ADAT.

I had one for a couple of years that I used with my VS2480 to record drums...

Never had a problem with it!

I too vote for 'Buy It!'

:D

I've had two of them in use with two MOTU 828MK-II's for about 4 years or so now, never had a problem with them at all.

I would make sure that the pawnshop will let you return it IF you find out it's not working right, just in case.

Between the two choices of syncing them thru the lightpipe or thru the wordclock connections, I would recommend using the wordclock connections and set it up so that the 003 is the master and the ADA8000 as the slave.

:)

If they still have it when I have some extra cash I'll make sure they have a decent return policy and try it out.

Bang for buck, the ADA8000 is one of Behringer's best pieces of equipment. I've had mine for about 5 years, and it has exceeded expectations. Are they great preamps? No. But they don't suck anywhere near as bad as they should, at the price. And it has been quite reliable. No bitch here-Richie

Back