Before you kill me....

BlackHawk2029

i have to tell you i'm poor and cant afford anything more. i have ordered an alesis i/o26 and need some extra channels. would the Behringer ADA8000 be ok to run ADAT lightpipe to it? or is the ADA8000 another piece of Behringer junk? I've heard that it is one few behringer units that is worthwhile.

There's a bunch great reviews for the ADA8000. Sound on sound had a really good review of it, here, and the Paul(the reviewer) said he plans to use it. I also plan to use it :D. Behri do have a load of crap, but they do have a few gems, bcf2000, truth monitors, and the ADA8000.

I'd say definitely go for it, but keep the boxes etc. If you don't like it, resell it, or send it back...

It's not bad for extra channels. For guitars or vocals I would way rather use the crappy pres in my MOTU but for drums or something you just want simple they sound fine. Fairly clean preamps for the money.

awesome. i just need some extra inputs, as i'd like to be able to record my cousin and i jammin live, and i currently just dont have the extra channels.

Yeah it's decent, just keep the gain down. You crank it past 3/4's and it's one of the noisest pre's I've ever heard. I never use mine for recording, it's basically my talkback system but I've had a few guest engineers use them exlusively and they didn't sound bad, especially for drums.

I love mine I mean it can't really compare to a firepod IMHO but then again it costs about half the price. What else can you get to add 8 channels for around 200 bucks? I really have no beef with it I think its a great piece of gear but i do agree that its one of behringers only good products.

The only time I get noise out of it is when I crank the gain ALL the way up.

Has anyone ever tried to daisy chain two ADA800s? I've been wanting to try that.

Back