backordered m-audio pre, looking for alternative suggestions.

second skin

BEAT IT!
so i ordered an M-audio DMP3 about a month ago from musicians friend knowing that it is backordered. it was a month out at that time but i figured what the hell. well now it's going to be until the end of july before they get them and i don't feel like waiting that long.

so i'm looking for opinions. what would you do? get something different either with the money that i've already paid or save a little more. if so what would you go for. i'm looking for two channels of clean gain for not a whole lot of money. i'll be running it into the line inputs on my Mbox 2 Pro.

or should i go to ebay and get the m-audio? i've already done all of the research and thats the one that i think i want based on price and performance.

There's no need to back order something like the DMP3, there are plenty available from a variety of sources. I'd cancel that order with MF and buy it elsewhere.

SonicAlbert said:
There's no need to back order something like the DMP3, there are plenty available from a variety of sources. I'd cancel that order with MF and buy it elsewhere.

They have them in stock @ AMS

SonicAlbert said:

thats what i thought at the time that i placed the order but when i checked around at the usual places they were all out of stock. so i just left it on backorder and forgot about it.

second skin said:
so i ordered an M-audio DMP3 about a month ago from musicians friend knowing that it is backordered. it was a month out at that time but i figured what the hell. well now it's going to be until the end of july before they get them and i don't feel like waiting that long.

Studica has them cheaper than MF with free shipping. Several other places have them at about the same price.

A large percentage of their products seem to be in a perpetual state of backorder because they don't have competent stocking people. That's the reason I've stopped buying gear from MF except when they are the sole supplier. In all my years of ordering stuff, I think I had maybe one order where everything was in stock. That's out of maybe a hundred orders or so.

I gave them another chance a few months ago and ended up with almost a two month backorder on products that I could have gotten elsewhere immediately. I only bought those particular parts from them because I had an order going already for Tama mic stands and nobody else seems to sell those. Otherwise, I wouldn't have placed the order at all.

Fortunately, I wasn't in a hurry to get them, so I just kept the quick releases on backorder, and they finally shipped it a week before they would have auto-cancelled the order.

That said, the recent order still proved to me that they haven't improved their business practices in the year and a half that they were on my blacklist, so they're back on my vendor blacklist again until I need more mic stands, and I'm urging all my preferred vendors (Sweetwater, J&R, Sam Ash, a few others) to start carrying Tama gear so I can move MF to a permanent blacklist. They just aren't worth dealing with most of the time.

Back