art tube pac and bbe 482 maximizer. take a look im dying to know.

heres what i want to know. how can i run an xp60 into an art tube pac? i run my xp60 into a vs880 ex and i use two balanced 1/4 cables. i dont think the art tube pac is balanced nor does it have 2 outputs.also the 482 maximizer if i buy this and the art tube pac where do i fit it in the chain? example

xp60-->art tube pac-->vs-880ex-->pc

where do i put the maximizer?
after the vs and before the pc? if so how can i when the maximizer doesnt have digital outs.

any suggestions or hook ups. ty brothers.

ps is emeric around? do you have any clues or tips?

kotj

The TubePac is a mono unit. You need a stereo pre-amp if you plan on using both outputs from your keyboard...or two TubePacs. Are you using the PC to burn CD's ?

I use my BBE last in the chain befor the PC or amp. I have almost removed it from my recording set up as of late. I tend to over use this and my verb unit, so I thought I would work with out it for a while. Go easy on this thing, like a verb and compression it is easy to get carried away.
For live stuff, I crank it.

wide awake: brother i have the option to burn on the vs or burn with the cd writer that is installed in the pc. so the unit is mono.would it be more convient to get a different tube? one that is stereo? im looking at $100-$250 max it doesnt need a compressor i guess but what should i be looking for in tube pre amps?

charlie:you use it right before the pc? how is this? maybe i can get the bbe and route it aux and then use the digital outs? i use live guitars so do you think it will help? and what is it used for anyway? i was told it was to help the final mix. like a boosting sort of. oh yhea i know the draw backs of 2 much verb or other effects. tell me how you do it brother.

thank you brothers!!!

kotj

There aren't many stereo tube pre-amps in that price range...I own the PreSonus BlueTube and it's $150, two inputs. The ART TubeMP Dual Mic Pre-amp is about $300.

The BBE Sonic Maximizer adds clarity, punch, and some harmonics. Some people either love 'em or hate them. I've never used one so I can't comment.

I would buy a stereo pre-amp, it will allow your synths to be recorded with a hotter signal and will definitely improve your sound. Whether you use a tube one or a solid state is up to you. Some feel that tubes add warmth and character and some people prefer solid state. I'm certainly not an expert on pre-amps so I will let others debate that. I record most tracks in mono but there are times when I prefer stereo, pianos, drum machine.

There is a lot of great gear out there, shop around and you will find what you need. Good luck dude.

I have both an ART Tube PAC and a BBE.ART makes a 2 channel unit called the Dual MP which is very nice,but it doesn't have the compressors,but 2 PACs wouldn't be a bad idea if you feel you need the comps.BBE works by splitting the sound into 3 frequency bands,low,mid,and high,and delaying the lows and mids in slightly different amounts relative to the highs.The result when used with moderation is ggreater clarity and definition,especially on less than wonderful monitors.

i have seen the blue tube brother im leaning towards that unit. v-ray when i run my stuff through the bbe will it be BURNED that way? and where exactly in the chain do i put it? if i buy it and it helps out my mix and i can BURN the mix with the bbe sound im for it. if all it does is help me monitor my sound then i dont think i need it.so enlighten me.

thank you brothers

king of the jews

Yup

Anything you plug in to the BBE will come out with the BBE process on the outputs,there is no other way,but most of 'em have a bypass switch on the front so you can compare the processed and unprocessed sound w/o changing your cables.

Back