Art Pro Channel or Art Digital MPA?

metal_god69

Was just wanting some personal reviews here. I am going to buy 1 or the other. I like the idea of how much control you have on the Art Pro Channel. There is alot of functions on the unit for just 1 channel. Yet i like there Art Digitial MPA of course due to the digital outs. I use S/PDIF alot for guitar with my Pod XT Pro. I also like the idea that it has ADAT if i ever wanted to upgrade my recording interface to one with that function. I am looking for something mainly for guitars and maybe drums (snare, bass, overheads). If anyone got any pro's or con's or just general experience iwth these 2 units i'd love to hear what ya got to say. Thanx

metal_god69 said:
Was just wanting some personal reviews here. I am going to buy 1 or the other. I like the idea of how much control you have on the Art Pro Channel. There is alot of functions on the unit for just 1 channel. Yet i like there Art Digitial MPA of course due to the digital outs. I use S/PDIF alot for guitar with my Pod XT Pro. I also like the idea that it has ADAT if i ever wanted to upgrade my recording interface to one with that function. I am looking for something mainly for guitars and maybe drums (snare, bass, overheads). If anyone got any pro's or con's or just general experience with these 2 units i'd love to hear what ya got to say. Thanx
I own the ART GOLD MPA (pretty much the digital MPA without the digital).
I believe that it is a nice unit for the money.
It can be run really clean or it can be as colored/tubey as you wish.
It has 2-channels where the ART Pro-Channel has only one.
The Pro-Channel has a lot of gain capacity that the MPA does not.
The digital capacity of the digital MPA offers a lot of flexibilty for connectivity but do you need digital now or will you need it in the future?
Enjoy whatever you deciede to buy!!! ;)

I'm an MPA Gold fan as well. It's a very nice budget mic pre. Very flexible, nice clean gain and a real high voltage supplied tube path.

Back