Art Cs2?

NeoMagick

I've found plenty of comments on the 3630, and the DBX series (the 166xl and the 1066 specifically), but what about the Art CS2? I use a DBX 266a in my live rig (I'm not too attached to it), but find that I desperately need a limiter, and would rather not add another processor in my chain. The 166xl and the 1066 aren't easily found nearby, certainly not for less than retail, but the CS2 is down the road for easy money. How does the CS2 do against the 166xl or a 1066, or on its own?

I got one o them ART CS2's collecting dust. My 1st ever hardware/rack compressor ha ha. Dummy me listened to the sales wack, and got it. It was under $200, so at teh time it was a try it out deal.
Mny years ago, I realized its just crappy, zippy noise when you compress more than 6dBs with a moderate attack. So I thought , weel maybe I need to be more subtle with it. Sadly I kept hearing the zippy sounds even at low threshold and slow/attack,release settings.

So it sits trying to get electronics play around duties. But I suck at electronics. well I guess I'm not too bad at soldering a few cables. But it sits collecting dust in the attick.

My RNC, however does a good job and is enlisted many o time.
I could send you my CS2, if I ya want?

T

Back