anyone using a Roll Music Systems 216 Folcrom for summing?

LemonTree

Suck 'em and see!
I'm thinking of taking the analog mixer out of my chain completely. 1 reason is space, the 2nd is NOISE, the 3rd is since I bought a second UAD card I use no outboard processing any more.

I'm currently running 3 x Delta 1010's between the DAW and an Allen & Heath GS3V (with 8ch sidecar) for 24in/24out.

I was considering an upgrade to 2 x Echo Audiofire 12's to keep the same configuration but the truth is I haven't used more than 8 inputs at once in a long time.

If I was to go ALL IN THE BOX and use the folcrum for summing this would let me mix down 8 stereo subgroups OTB or 16 mono channels or any combination of mono & stereo busses, also give me total recall to every mix.

So what kind of interface would I be looking for with say 8 inputs and 16 outputs? The idea of moving to the audiofires was to have my interfaces firewire and free up slots on the PCI buss for more UAD power.

So I guess I'll be getting rid of the mixer too and replace it with something a lot smaller for non latency monitoring during recording....any suggestions there?

Just a new angle of mixing I'm trying to get my head around, thanks

Alex

Back