Anyone with a Roland Space Echo

Good Friend

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me. I have a Roland Space Echo and at some point in its life someone dismantled it entirely and put it back together.

There are two outputs on the machine one is the effected signal mixed with the dry signal. The other is just dry signal. When both are connected it disables them and sends the dry signal to one output and the echo only to the other. Only on mine it is VERY faint. I am wondering if this is some mistake made by the guy who put it back together and that i SHOULD be hearing dry in one output and effect only in the other at EQUAL volumes. I really hope this is the way its supposed to be because i would really like to use it this way (once i fix the strange drop in volume problem).

So my question is to any other Space Echo users, when both outs are used, does it split the dry only and wet only (NOT mixed) signals into seperate outs? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Does it not have an echo volume? If so is it turned up? I don't have one but boss is releasing the RE 20 space echo twin pedal and it has a seperate volume for the echo. :)

I sold my RE-201 a good 10 years ago, and can't recall offhand. Also not sure which model of Space Echo you have (there's a few).

Might I suggest the Roland web site? They have an archive of product manuals, including the space echo series. Look under Support/Product Manuals at http://www.rolandus.com

You can also probably find some schematics or a service manual on the web somewhere, though you may need to pay for a copy. I'd also check the Analog Heaven list, if the other sources bomb out.

Good luck!

Back