Anyone know what happened to Aardvark?

tspnyc

I bought an Aardvark soundcard and breakout box because they had the best reviews, with everyone saying they had the best mic preamps available for a PCI card-based system. It was also the only one that had FOUR XLR inputs under $1,000 and I use two stereo pairs of mikes to record solo guitar.

Well, a few months after that Aardvark was gone. No phone, no email, no web page. Nothing.

The card and box still work great. When I had a hard drive crash I had to go find the drivers on some site that sold drivers for out of date stuff. But it still works great.

Does anyone know what happened to them?

I have no clue what happened to them. Apparently they just went out of business. I actually own an Aardvark LX6. Has worked great ever since I bought it. I actually have a spare LX6 that I had picked up for a great price a while back.

I have a Q-10. As far as I know, they just went out of business. There was no acquisition or chapter 11 reorg. There is a web site, Aardvark Support Group, that has collected materials, including drivers, for Aardvark gear, and allows free downloads.

http://asg.hopto.org/

Back