Anyone know anything about the Lucid ADA8824 converter box?

Nathan1984

I am running a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 right now, and wanted to upgrade my conversion in my studio. So I was cruising eBay and just happened to have heard about Lucid before, and found a ADA8824 pretty cheap, brand new in box. So I snagged it to add to my racks. Anyone know anything about them, is it gonna be a pretty big upgrade from the stock converters in my Pro40?

Surely someone on here has some experience with lucid converters, they were a pretty popular company, was my lucid a waste of 350 bucks or is it a good deal?

I have a set of A/D D/A and aes DA. I've been digging around for the power supplies and can't seem to find them. They were in Studio D-1 and D-2 at the old Right Track
on 38th street. Those rooms were spec-ed pretty high end, and those units are very well built. If I can dig up the supplies I'll check them out.
Brad

I use a 2-channel Lucid converter, I'm at work so I don't know the model number, and it works very well. Running my RNP through it.

the lucid is a nice converter. but they are near the same class under the hood (a/d converter wise). the problem with the focusrite they built the mic preamps cheap. if you want to step up without spending a lot of money with seperate converter /pre setup. try a better quality mic pre set up like a Beringer ADA8200, Art opto-pre or an audient Asp008. now if you have some nice vintage or other professional mic preamps, the lucid and Mytek are the better choices for pure line in to adat.

Back