Antares Pitch Correction

Bob Sordahl

Has anyone used the Antares ATR-1 pitch correcting rack mount? Any reactions at all? Also, how about cost and availability?

OK, after I posted this message, I had an hour to kill. so I scrolled back through the previous year of postings. There is some interesting discussion of this unit specifically, and pitch correction in general, but I would still be interested in any more recent experiences or information on the unit.

[This message has been edited by Bob Sordahl (edited 05-29-2000).]

Do projects in the studio daily with it, songwriters ERRRRR they are not singers. Anyway i have used both but have since just gone fully puter so i dont have the unit anymore. I like the plugin version better..

I use it (when needed) and like it...with proper adjustment and use it can go unnoticed, or you can create "that" effect if desired. There is a lot of trash talk concerning "tuning" in general, but keep in mind that many (not all, hold the flames :)) of the people doing that, do so "on principle", meaning they may not have used the unit, just don't like the idea, and base this on the overused, effecty examples they have heard. As for those who think it's "cheating", look around your own studios... any other "enhancements"?....I thought so!

As always, your ears may vary,

BW

i've got the plugin version also, and i love it. i'm a good singer, but not great, and it has helped to push my vocals close enough to where they should be such that i can make some stellar background tracks and some very nice lead tracks.

i've also used it with more talented singers to fix small imperfections where needed.

Back