Antares Autotune ATR1a question for those who are familiar with the unit's functions

PAULIII

I have the rack version ATR1a an am trying to find out how to remove an existing, overly strong, vocal vibrato (very strong) and replace it with a vibrato setup in the unit. Has anyone here ever done this. If so, how? I can't seem to get rid of the original vibrato.

Thanks for any help,

PAULIII

Autotune doesn't do that kind of thing... there is an amazing piece of s/w that does though... actually FAR better than the autotune... it's called Melodyne... pricey, but it is SO powerful you can flatten vibrato, change pitch, change formants all WITHOUT artifacts (seriously!)....

It's being newly distributed by Steinberg in North America, so it's a bit of a tough item to find just yet.......

Bruce

Blue Bear Sound said:
Autotune doesn't do that kind of thing...Bruce

Bruce: According to the manual (page 12) --- "By combining a fast speed setting with the ATR-1a Vibrato settings, you can even remove a performer's own vibrato and replace it with the ATR-1a's programmed vibrato, all in real time"....Yea, It does do it, somehow through the MIDI, but I'm not sure how. Has anyone used it this way yet?

Thanks for any help,

PAULIII

Blue Bear Sound said:
Well... Melodyne's still got it beat... I guarantee it -- but it's around $600!!!
Bruce:
You said in a previous reply that the Autotune ATR-1a ($849.00)doesn't do it. So that tells me that you never actually tried this feature. How can you say that the Melodyne is better without actually comparing the physical usage of both units? This is not the new Antares AVP Vocal producer that I am talking about, but the original Autotune ATR-1a Rack version. Even if the Melodyne, which I'm sure is also an excellent unit could possibly be better, I don't know, I would still like to know how to do it with the Antares ATR-1a which to this point, I have been extremely happy with. Its vocal tuning capabilities go from completely transparent tuning to completely the opposite when used as an effect. My main concern of this posted question is to find out how to replace vibrato...not to compare units.
Thanks for your input though.

If anyone else has ever used this unit and actually accomplished this task of replacing existing non-desirable vocal vibrato with the vibrato settings of the ATR-1a, I'd like to know how to accomplish it.

Thanks for any help,
PAULIII

I know the Melodyne's better because I've seen it at the Steinberg clinic... you could actually change the first vibrato wave and leave all the others intact! Or flatten the vibrato out completely, or even put some in!

Anyways to try it with Autotune - slow down the retune speed and choose "no vibrato" from the Vibrato Section controls....

Bruce

Back