American Musical Supply Payment plan?

jeff0633

Hi folks. I have been buying a ton of Gear from American Musical supply. Their payment plan lets you pay one thrid down on items under a 1000 dollars and the unit ships right out, no credit check or anything. I have spent a lot of money there the last six months (Atomic modelling amp, Peavey 15 in sub, Yamaha powered mixer, Highway one strat, and now a Zoom mrs-802 recorder. This payment plan of theirs has me spending big bucks with them. My question is, are there any other online stores that have a no credit check payment plan? Seems I remember some music store in Memphis doing this online, but I can't remember. I like this type plan, and I would like to see what other brands another store would carry. Anyone no of any other music stores doing this? I am now in the market for a mic pre, and AMS only carries Avalon (too expensive for me now), Joe Meek, Presonus, and Focusrite. If I could find any other merchants who have this type plan, I might have some more options.

Jeff

AMS is great! I buy almost all of my studio gear through them because of the payment plan. We all know how much this stuff costs and who has the cash to buy everything all at once. I sure don't! :D AMS has great prices and quick service. Definately #1 for me!

They must be making a fortune.

I'll tell ya, if they are the only ones doing that, then they must be making an absolute fortune. I have spent, well, let's see, 659 for a Highway one and hard case, 319 for a Peavey Sub, 349 for a Powerd Yamaha Mixer, 179 for a Vox AD15VT amp, 549 for a zoom 802 recorder, 79 for a USB port for it, I have spent close to two thousand in the last 6 months with them Then, I do a search and find tons of other people doing the same thing because of their payment plan. I am stunned that no other music stores have picked up on this and copied them.

I am a poor musician who had my credit messed up in a divorce. They are my only option for buying gear that cost hundreds of dollars. AMS is getting those hundreds from me on a regular basis, and now I am ready to drop 5,6 or 7 hundred on a Mic pre. They are my only option for this pre that I am going to get. The only problem is, they have a limited choice of brands when it comes to recording gear. I am not crazy about any of their brands of pres besides the Avalon, and I can't afford 1100 dollars for a single channel. Over a thousand, and you have to have a credit check for the five payment plan. The three payment doesn't require that. That leaves my choices at getting one of the new model Meeks, maybe a TwinQ, or one of the mid-grade Focusrites, Or the Presonus MP20. I want an RNP, but I don't have 500 bucks up front. If AMS had that, I would buy it today.

It's very shocking that no other stores have picked up on what must be the best all-time incentive to buy at a certain store. It makes me lose faith in the free market place. I thought competiters were quick to jump on a good thing. AMS is getting thousands of my money, and I know of many more who are forking it out to them as well. And I am a soloact and tell other musicians that I run into about them too. Other musicians are blown away when I tell them that they can order a 500 dollar item and have it in three days with only $130 dollars down, and no credit check. I think I will copy my post and email it to some online stores.

Jeff

O.D.R.S. said:
AMS is great! I buy almost all of my studio gear through them because of the payment plan. We all know how much this stuff costs and who has the cash to buy everything all at once. I sure don't! :D AMS has great prices and quick service. Definately #1 for me!

I recently started doing purchases with AMS and they are now my primary source for new (not used) products. Mainly because my boxes don't come with holes in them (MF) and because of the glorious payment plan without needing one of their cards or a major credit card.

But even with my not too-frequent purchase decisions I've numerous times ran into them not carrying the right item I need. But every other online store has it.

Seriously, either other place should pick up on it. Or AMS needs to carry more brands and I can just dedicate all my money for music needs to them.

They can also re-design their site too...

Great service, great additional services, great packaging, great payment plan options...lacking selection of products, site could be a bit cleaner to deal with.

I called them and they said that they also will not special order at this time. So, even if the carry certain Fender guitars, they won't order one that they don't have just for scustomer. They are looking into changing that. Since they carry the GrooveTubes brand, I asked them about the brick, and told them about it. The tech looked it up on their site, and said that if they got a few requests to carry it, they would. They said the same thing about the rNP and the RNC.. They don't carry FMR stuff, but they said if there were enough requests to do so that they would contact fMR. That would be incredible. We should start and AMS club here and when we all agree we want a product like the rNP, or brick, we will get together and email them the requests, or even call like I did. Please guys, o there and request that they carry FMR audio products.
http://www.americanmusical.com/

I also found out that they have a cool Forum at.

http://www.americanmusical.com/amsforum/

Thanks

Jeff

Nosferous said:
I recently started doing purchases with AMS and they are now my primary source for new (not used) products. Mainly because my boxes don't come with holes in them (MF) and because of the glorious payment plan without needing one of their cards or a major credit card.

But even with my not too-frequent purchase decisions I've numerous times ran into them not carrying the right item I need. But every other online store has it.

Seriously, either other place should pick up on it. Or AMS needs to carry more brands and I can just dedicate all my money for music needs to them.

They can also re-design their site too...

Great service, great additional services, great packaging, great payment plan options...lacking selection of products, site could be a bit cleaner to deal with.

How about rebuilding your credit? Start with a secured credit card with a $500 limit, exercise the thing, make payments over the minimum or pay 100% within the grace period without incurring any interest and after a few months apply for a zero interest transfer credit card. Transfer the balance from the secured card and pay it down faster than the minimum. Then apply for a real credit card. There are "zero fee, zero interest on purchase only" cards out there - handy for the ten month paydown on a major purchase.

I use AMS more than anyone else too.

Fact is, even with credit cards their plan is better. AMS gives you basicly 90 days (or 180 days) with no intrest. Put it on a credit card and you're paying intrest on the balance you carry. Even if a credit card gives you an initial period of no intrest, it won't last cause thats how they make their money.

AMS has served me with their payment plan, great selection, great prices, and great service. You can't ask for much more.

H2H

I LOVE the EZ Payment Plan! It hurts so much less to satisfy the G.A.S.!

Let's see, what have I gotten in the last year?

M-Audio Octane
MXL V69M
Numark TTX1
Silvertone Sovereign Pro

The payment plan thing seems to weigh out better than overall prices go figure :rolleyes: :D

I haven't made any huge purchases lately but paying more for somethibng cuz it costs less a month seems like a Rent A Center type deal to me. You end up paying too much for it in the end.

Or am I missing something?

Good strategy but my credit would be too bad for that. I would be far better filing BR and starting from scratch. My credit is ruined over high interest credit cards, so It'll have to be a clean sweep for me. It will be nice, cause it will be the first time in 15 years I've had my own credit that doesn't depend on a spouse paying the bills or screwing things up. I will probably file that soon.

Jeff

Treeline said:
How about rebuilding your credit? Start with a secured credit card with a $500 limit, exercise the thing, make payments over the minimum or pay 100% within the grace period without incurring any interest and after a few months apply for a zero interest transfer credit card. Transfer the balance from the secured card and pay it down faster than the minimum. Then apply for a real credit card. There are "zero fee, zero interest on purchase only" cards out there - handy for the ten month paydown on a major purchase.

Their prices are the same as zzounds, music 123, musicians Friend, all the ones I have see. The Highway 1 I purchased was 599, same everywhere on the net. The Peavey Sub is $319, everywhere, The Atomic amp, $499.00 everywhere.

Jeff

bigwillz24 said:
The payment plan thing seems to weigh out better than overall prices go figure :rolleyes: :D

I haven't made any huge purchases lately but paying more for somethibng cuz it costs less a month seems like a Rent A Center type deal to me. You end up paying too much for it in the end.

bigwillz24 said:

Yes, you are missing the fact that they also price match the lowest price you can find online. They say that they will not do the EZ payment plan on the price-matches, but they have every time for me so far. Needless to say, AMS has been getting most of my business as of late ...on the items they carry, that is. ;)

-mr moon

Mr. Moon said:
Yes, you are missing the fact that they also price match the lowest price you can find online. They say that they will not do the EZ payment plan on the price-matches, but they have every time for me so far. Needless to say, AMS has been getting most of my business as of late ...on the items they carry, that is. ;)

-mr moon
Yup, that's true. I saved $100 on AMS's list price of the Octane through the price-match option. And it was someone here that posted that lower price! It pays to scan this site!

ok so lets say I found the tampa at digitraxx.com for $339.00 your saying that American Musical (they have it for $399.00) will not only beat that price but let me get it on a payment plan with no interest?

If so I'm there :D

bigwillz24 said:
ok so lets say I found the tampa at digitraxx.com for $339.00 your saying that American Musical (they have it for $399.00) will not only beat that price but let me get it on a payment plan with no interest?

If so I'm there :D
As long as it's not some one-time special, they will match the price. So, yes, it's worth it. And there's nothing to stop you from asking even if you don't order anything.

The minimum for the payment plan is $300. BUT, that seems to include the total of your bill. For example, I just bought a Numark TTX1 turntable (B-stock) that was $279, but since I added a cartridge and a phono pre to the order, that brought the total to over $300 and made it eligible for the EZ plan.

Back