American Musical Supply Payment plan?

bigwillz24 said:
Seems theres no payment plan on the one you want there Rokket. :(
I'm not concerned about the payment plan. They have it in stock and cheaper than anyone else. I am making enough money to get things like this without the payment plan.

When I get some EXPENSIVE stuff, then I will do the payment plan... :)

sans

Rokket said:
Plus, they have this:

TECH 21 SansAmp for bass!

And I want it!!! :D

yeah... i've wheeled and dealed a bunch of stuff,
and my little Sans Amp guitar pedal has never been
off'd....I sold it once and bought it back!!!

strange I usually don't keep anything that long.
~15yrs...nice clean sound, the fuzz and much,
but that one sound it has is right on.

I want a Bass pedal too now...damn you!! now I have Bass Sans Amp LUST!!!

COOLCAT said:
yeah... i've wheeled and dealed a bunch of stuff,
and my little Sans Amp guitar pedal has never been
off'd....I sold it once and bought it back!!!

strange I usually don't keep anything that long.
~15yrs...nice clean sound, the fuzz and much,
but that one sound it has is right on.

I want a Bass pedal too now...damn you!! now I have Bass Sans Amp LUST!!!
You don't know the power of the dark side...

Actually, I think the minimum is 249. There are several items that call for three payments of 83 dollars or something. What's cool is that you can simply add a couple small things to get your order up to 249.00, and you then can have the Payment plan.

Music 123 emailed me back after I sent them a copy of my second post in this thread. the tech said he would make sure it got in the right hands. Is it possible these other companies are simply unaware of what AMS is doing, and how many customers they have? I told the guy at M123 that if they implemented a plan like that the word would spread like fire in these groups and small studio groups. It would be smart for a few other companies to start doing this. AMS is cleaning up while they are the only ones offering a payment plan like that.

I wouldn't think that a company would even have to have Vis permission or anything. I gues AMS can just decide to charge a card three times with the onwers okay. That means these other companies could just simply *Decide* to start doing this and they could, as simple as that. It seems AMS has found out that the risk of a bad apple or two is worth it to have hundreds of orders pouring in from people because of this plan. As I said, they have been getting over $200 a month from me for what seems like a year now. I am constantly shopping at their site and as soon as I pay one thing off, I am ordering something else. I have two payments left on my Zoom MRS-802 recorder. I also got the USB port for it, so I will be paying them about $210 for two more months, and I am already shopping hard for my next purchase. I want a mic pre, but they don't have many brands to choose from. they Carry the Meek stuff, and SP, Avalon, presonus and Focusrite. The only one I might consider would be the Presonus MP20 and upgrade it with Burr Browns and Jensens. I really want an RNP, but no dice because they don't carry it. No other stores that do carry have a payment plan. That's why I started this thread. So, afetr all this, it turns out that we have another thread connected to the RNP

Jeff

MadAudio said:
The minimum for the payment plan is $300. BUT, that seems to include the total of your bill. For example, I just bought a Numark TTX1 turntable (B-stock) that was $279, but since I added a cartridge and a phono pre to the order, that brought the total to over $300 and made it eligible for the EZ plan.

jeff0633 said:
So, afetr all this, it turns out that we have another thread connected to the RNP
There are threads on here that mention the RNP and RNC, so I think it wouldn't be too hard to get one going and have lots of responses to it. I will get them when I upgrade in the future. I know that if someone could get them off a site with a payment plan, they'd got for it.

I would.

jeff0633 said:
Is it possible these other companies are simply unaware of what AMS is doing, and how many customers they have?
There's no way they don't know about it. Companies like this check out their competition all the time. What's more interesting is that the others don't offer something similar.

MadAudio said:
There's no way they don't know about it. Companies like this check out their competition all the time. What's more interesting is that the others don't offer something similar.
It's possible they don't want to take the risk.

Glad I ran across this post, :D . Some of you are aware I almost got scammed out of 1000.00 bucks from making a poor decision on this site but seeing this American Musical Supply has brought me joy. After getting my money back today from this deal gone bad, I was skeptical about looking at ebay and then very skeptical about tryin to buy the Avalon I have been after from a audio board.
I see this post and figured I would check it out. I go to the site and not 5 min later, my girl is on the phone placing the order for the Avalon. I was going to buy used to save some money but really in the long run, Im better off buying new. Yeah I spend a little more then I wanted to but I get an extended yr warranty and dont have to worry about being scammed or the unit needing new tubes or any kind of maintanence. I also like the fact that Im paying as I go and if I find a deal on another piece of gear before this is paid off ,I will probably have the extra lute to take advantage of the deal. So ty to the Original poster for turning me on to this site. The Avalon will be here by the end of month (had to be back ordered) but its worth the wait.

I do wish their selection would include other brands (great river, john hardy, apogee, soundelux) to name a few. But hey what they offer so far works for me.

O.P. Thanks Again for site, never new this payment plan type of thing ever existed.

Peace
Eddie

OH and BTW, they asked where I heard about their site. I told them right here and Hr.com. Maybe they will see some of our request and make some additions to the brands they carry.

Peace
Eddie

Glad to see you got your money back man.

I wish I had the money to drop on an Avalon right now you lucky bastard :D

DJL said:
Hint... so did I... and after I got one, I thought it was great... then time went by and now it sits on a shelf with a bunch of other crap like it.
Send it to me then Don! ;)

bigwillz24 said:
Glad to see you got your money back man.

I wish I had the money to drop on an Avalon right now you lucky bastard :D
Trust me brother, its not easy. I work a full 40+ constantly and a full time student. At 34yrs old trying to do this and trying to run a part time studio it makes you think where in the hell i would be today if I would have started doing this at 18. lol But cant turn back now,,,,,,,too much invested.

Peace
Eddie

DJL said:
Hint... so did I... and after I got one, I thought it was great... then time went by and now it sits on a shelf with a bunch of other crap like it.

::GASP::

Why?! I love the SansAmp.

Hmmm. I might have to look into this site a bit more. I always kinda looked over it.

Pro Tools User said:
Trust me brother, its not easy. I work a full 40+ constantly and a full time student. At 34yrs old trying to do this and trying to run a part time studio it makes you think where in the hell i would be today if I would have started doing this at 18. lol But cant turn back now,,,,,,,too much invested.

Peace
Eddie

Damn if that doesn't sound like my schedule!

40+ hours during the night, full time college student, married with children, you got me by a couple of years in age though :D

MadAudio said:

I brought it up with Zzounds two years ago. They said they were considering it but it never happened. AMS has a good thing there and I wouldn't think they would keep it going if they were losing money.

Rokket said:
Send it to me then Don! ;)
One of the problems of being a gearoholic is we collect a lot of crap... lol.

geet73 said:
::GASP::

Why?! I love the SansAmp.

Hmmm. I might have to look into this site a bit more. I always kinda looked over it.
Don't get me wrong, it's ok... but, I think it's best application is live/amp, because IMO there are better boxes for recording.

and the answer is.......

DJL said:
because IMO there are better boxes for recording.

as ..??? any DI types?
I been having a bit of a Bass problem lately and looking for something
cheap-good.

i asked for a price match and payment plan on an item at american musical. they said they could match the price but wouldnt do the payment option. there are several other sites with lower prices then ams most of the time. 8 th street music and bpm music tend to beat most of the others. im not positive but i think ams goes under several different names on the web.

as for the idea of getting a request group going to get AMS to carry stuff we agree we like. I think that's a great idea.

And as mentioned, another reason I like AMS is their extended 1year warrenty that's on pretty much everything I want at no extra cost...which is a sweet bonus.

Back