Amature pro audio

Atipp

I just read an article from this site (somewhere) and the author stated that He didn't recognize a single piece of gear in this "Big Time" studio he visited. Turns out that the pro audio gear that you get from musiciansfriend, or MARS music is really Ameture "pro" audio. Where do they big dogs get their gear from then, and What EQ and compressor do they use?

Thanks
Adam T.
adtsks@citlink.net

Atipp said:
Turns out that the pro audio gear that you get from musiciansfriend, or MARS music is really Ameture "pro" audio.

WHAT?!?!? You mean my brand new 8 channel Behringer mixer isn't what Andy Wallace uses?

Well, fuck me in the goat-ass!

:eek:

Re: Re: Amature pro audio

Dolemite said:

WHAT?!?!? You mean my brand new 8 channel Behringer mixer isn't what Andy Wallace uses?

Well, fuck me in the goat-ass!

:eek:

I think Andy uses one to practise his shot-put.....

There are smaller specialty stores that dont advertise much that cater to the high end crowd. There is a place here in Phoenix www.ear.net

A lot of the high end gear is also purchased direct from the manufacturer. Many of the pro consoles are made to custom specs so you have to put down a deposit and wait for it to be built.

Look for names live Neve, API, SSL. Just in case you are wondering, true 'Pro' equipment runs about 10-20x times the cost of 'prosumer' gear. So the pro version of a $2000 mackie is a $200,000 API.

true 'Pro' equipment runs about 10-20x times the cost of 'prosumer' gear. So the pro version of a $2000 mackie is a $200,000 API.

isn't that $20,000-$40,000???

Back