Allen & Heath ZED 12FX

Mr Blues

I have just brought the Allen & Heath ZED 12 FX and I am well impressed.

Still have'nt fully got my way round the mixer as I can't find where I put the manuel.
But I plugged in my guitar using my LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI box in channel two and I put in my Shure Beta 87a on the first mic channel.

The whole mixer is linked to my RCF active speaker & away we go.

The built in effects are excellent I set it on delay and reverb and the effects are definatly in the same league as my lexicon MX200 if not better

I orginally brought a Peavy PV 10 but was'nt happy with the overall sound quailty and thier effects are ok but nothing outstanding.
though also robustly built it did'nt quite have the same edge as the A & H.

Though quite expensive over £400 . definaly worth the money, nice full punchy sound and as I mentioned earlier really top quality effects

Dave

Congrats on your purchase
You are not going to find a beter Mixer than what A&H offers except possibly Sound Craft or Toft.
Now Go play with your new gear
:D

Hi roguetitan

Absolutly.
You know I still have a soundcraft epm 6 and its very good but the Allen & heath wipes the floor on my soundcraft. mind you I think the soundcraft epm series are the meduim to entry level range, still good though.

What blew me away with the allen & Heath was thier built in effects reverbs and delays. they sound incerdible .
I use to use my lexicon mx200 with my other mackie VlZ 802 but the Allen and Heath verbs easily macth the lexi's I personally think the A & H verbs have more edge.

It did cost a bit more then my mackie VLZ or Souncraft epm 6 . Infact more then double the price but a very good purchase which i am sure will last me a good while.

dave

Back