Alesis Wedge Desktop Reverb Processor

JrSherman

Hey all! First time poster on this site. I was hoping some of you more tech-savvy users could help me out with a bit of a problem I've been dealing with.

I own an Alesis Wedge Desktop Reverb Processor. It's a truly great unit and its contributed a great deal to my sound lately.

I'm in the process of recording an album with my band and, for some reason, whenever I turn the Wedge on, it stays frozen at its intro screen, buttons light up and everything. I've taken it apart, let it rest, etc. Nothing. We were in the middle of playing and my bandmate was plugged into it when it turned off by itself, which is nothing new, since I got it for cheap since the power port is a bit wonky. Since then, it's been the same aforementioned story.

Has anybody used this processor and encountered this issue before, and would anybody know how to remedy it? I can't imagine its a completely lost cause. Just trying to troubleshoot it before I invest money in a new one (it's really such a versatile piece of equipment that I honestly wouldn't mind doing so).

Thanks in advance all!

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I have noticed first hand that Alesis builds unreliable gear. I had an ADAT from them 20 years ago and not only did the damn thing only work right for about a week, they were unable to repair it despite me shipping it to them twice.

How are they still in business?

Sorry I am not helping. :(

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I have noticed first hand that Alesis builds unreliable gear. I had an ADAT from them 20 years ago and not only did the damn thing only work right for about a week, they were unable to repair it despite me shipping it to them twice.

How are they still in business?

Sorry I am not helping. :(

I would not say that Alesis gear is unreliable, I have stuff still running after 20 years, and the wedge the OP is talking about would be a few years old. However I was never a fan of ADATS (they came out just after I purchased my 16 track tape machine and everyone wanted to use ADATS and the studios that bought ADATS took my business away; however the 16 track tape machine still works today). Yes they are still in business, and yes you are not helping :)

Alan

I would not say that Alesis gear is unreliable, I have stuff still running after 20 years, and the wedge the OP is talking about would be a few years old. However I was never a fan of ADATS (they came out just after I purchased my 16 track tape machine and everyone wanted to use ADATS and the studios that bought ADATS took my business away; however the 16 track tape machine still works today). Yes they are still in business, and yes you are not helping :)

Alan

I played an Alesis DM6 electronic drum set this weekend. Well, I wouldn't say "played" exactly because inexplicably two of the drums were not nearly as loud as the others. And the headphone jack was pushed in so the connection was messed up.

It was a piece of junk!

I have an Alesis RA-100 Power Amp and an Alesis SR16 Drum Machine I bought in the mid 90's still working today!
A friend of mine, until just recently, has been using the digital convertors of his 3 old ADATS for his recording system.
Cant say anything about more recent products, though

Back