Alesis 3630 Compressor

Sssupp Poo. Go check out the Alesis Forum.
There is a load of info on the 3630.I own
one and IMHO it's not really a good compressor.I suggest 1 of the Behringers.

Hey Poo, You should save another hundred and get a used DBX-160X from E bay. They usually sell for about 275. Then you will have the real deal.If you are good with a compressor A used Asley SC-50 or CL-50 is a full manual unit , that sounds more musical at 30 to 1 than a DBX 266XL sounds at 4 to 1. They are everywhere I buy 1 or 2 a year usually between 80 and 100 dollars. If you cant find one let me know I know where there are plenty. Stay away from the new stuff it is junk. Good luck, Paulie.

Check out the RNC it is the best budget compressor I have heard. Sells for $200 U.S.A. and is better then much higher priced compressors.

I use the alesis 3630 with good results.
You will have to experiment with your settings. If you are recording live it will help out keeping the drums and other instruments out of the vocal mic. But if the singer backs off the mic too far you will loose that signal. I use it for singers with a booming voice and I find that limit where it cuts his/her signal. Set the pop screen and tell them that they cannot back off the screen. Then the mic picks up nothing but the vocals.
There are hundreds of compressor/limiters out there. Shop around. Ebay has alot to choose from. I bought my 3630 through ebay for $100 (us) I am very pleased with the unit
I could tell of other situations were it helped.

Back