Is the 500 series rack the end of the 19" rack gear?

im not sold on the lunch box, must be a different audience /customer who needs portable and smaller.
im not sure the 19" rack doesnt have more under the hood and used is pretty cheap....but recently, off topic, ITB is making more and more sense.
Ive sent a bunch of emails to Line6 to do a 1176 for free. They did the Neve1073 and LA2A well, why stop there. They've done a billion other classic sims and mostly a guitar amp company, but their free Vocal stuff is cool and works so why not do the 1176? does the CEO not like the 1176?

I wonder if they'll do a LunchBox 500 series plugs? so they only take up like 1 to 2 inches my screen instead of 6 to 12".?

Well, that is one thing I like about the Mixbus mixer, I can use the console effects and not have to fret over plugs as much.

I did look around at 2a plugs the other day and thought the iK would probably do (me). But, I'm not inclined to chase that, I guess.

yeah the DAW's coming loaded with plugs and gear....the Interfaces coming better loaded and realtime becoming a latency free world as pc's speed up

the USB-C future...

Attachments

• LA2A USBC.jpg
    LA2A USBC.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 9
Realtime is real enough, but not so much under a multi-task OS. You are sitting at some fire control system and up pops " your Flash Player is out of date".

What's realtime on my disk recorders with ancient CPU, electronics, and chips is the dedicated OS. I guess the whopping 6.4gb, etc upgrade drives might do DMA 33 ? Might not do so well, with 24/96 storage : )

ha realtime.....yeah I never got serious enough to remove the internet from my studio pc to prevent all the update virus's...but I do at least turn off the WiFi regularly. sometimes its better not to upgrade.

Back