2017...whats everyones fav Vocal rack gear...hardware? software? clean or crunchy?

CoolCat

Anyone want to chime in?

Ive pretty much gone all ITB for guitars and anything else....except for the one microphone for vocals or acsoutics or slapping the back of a cardboard box for percussions and capturing that shaker....

mics, preamps, compressors, secret weapons, software racks?....

Just the Oly voice recorder. What else could there possibly be : )

Attachments

• 130101_0007.MP3
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
the ol Oly....well garww, that'll work.
I found a preamp that has Digital out sample rate selection and its not the Grace Lunatec.

256kbps at 44.1. isnt that Women from Mars , 1950 SciFi? or John Lennons first solo album cover?

remove-humor...

You can pick-up Yoko on the left channel. It's the same old over here, the old ART DPS with the color voicing, and a Magix Essentials Vocal Strip stock vst.

Attachments

• vocal_strip.jpg
    vocal_strip.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 11
ahahaa... now thats a different frequency range. that reminds me you have cats that make that sound.
I have about all Yoko's albums at least the early ones. My brother collected them and left them to me.

heres a classic, not sure the mic channel strip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMVfgoWyDYI

Last edited:
Now, that's gonna' be in my head all day. Did the recording engineer resort to a special monitoring system ? Maybe just oscilloscopes ?

"My brother collected them and left them to me".

Further incentive to find that Monster Sansui Receiver with the dual 15-inch, 8-way bookshelf speakers.

Well, I'm 15-minutes into yoko and will probably make it to the end, unless it gets bad

I made it to 25 minutes. If they had used a Meek, would Joe put that up on his web site ? I know every time I check the ART pages, they fail to list me as a featured artist

Well, my DPS has to have sample rate selection and what protocol, etc..

Yeah its not for everybody. I think she got some momentum when John Lennon joined her band.

I think APhex does the same thing, it reduces the output level for the Digital Out. right? The dbfs or ssomething...

the other preamp like this is the elusive and very rare Grace Lunatec. nearly impossible to find.

but the DPS and the Aphex both do the same thing and have selectable digital rate. in addition to a nice tone for a preamp Im assuming. the pro mpa was good sounding and imagine the DPS is too, Ive heard the TPS can do some really good stuff.

the digital out is interesting.

I need to get this mic setup completed and get on with my Yoko cover version album...but it will be you know my male voice version of Yoko's early stuff.

"but the DPS and the Aphex both do the same thing and have selectable digital rate".

Well, the digital thing is what I needed at the time. With the DAW, I just need to get the signal to the disk - and the I can mess with it. I'd be more inclined to suffer the trade-off when recording to a stand-alone recorder

"I need to get this mic setup completed and get on with my Yoko cover version album...but it will be you know my male voice version of Yoko's early stuff".

This could be the highlight of 2017

Vocal chains and mics....acoustic guitars and preamps and mics....I dont know about exciting for 2017. lol
NAMM came and went not a lot of gear I need these days with PlugIns and Sims getting more familiar.

I asked Line6 to make a free 1176 for the podfarm, they only have the LA2A. maybe give them something to do.
It seems a year of the Clones and as Star Wars called it the Clone Wars. Not sure what NAMM was about I galnced through their TEC Awards a bit...
https://www.tecawards.org/

Back