1 speaker? 2 speaker recording/outpu?

Taylor_214

Folks,

I was led here from another section to see if i could rack some of the experts in this section.

Appreciate your advise to a very nubie user with new gear and learning cooledit pro v2.0.

I just bought a Focusrite Trakmaster mic preamp chassis unit. I connect the Trakmaster's unbalanced jack into the right input jack of my Audiophile 2496 card. I'm not sure if i've got cooledit pro set up right or wrong, but i only hear output out of the right speaker as i'd expect since i'm only recording to one input jack of the 2496 card. Am i supposed to get a "Y" splitter to to take this ONE output jack from my preamp so i could hook this to both the Left and Right input RCA jack of my audiophile so i can record and playback using both speakers? HOw do i record and playback this mono signal both speakers properly?

Thanks in advance.

You shold be able to pan the signal to middle so it plays out of both speakers. If you are recording to a mono wave file it should do it automatically. Are you recording to a stereo file?

You have to set CEP to record a mono track, not a stereo track. To do this, click on the "Rec" button (NOT the red "R" button that you use to enable record on a track) in the track info for the track you'd like to record on. Select the input, and Left or Right, depending on which side the input is plugged into. This should set you up to record a mono track. When you listen while tracking, you will most likely hear it in only one speaker, unless you monitor in mono. However, when you play it back, you'll hear it in both speakers.

Attachments

• CEP1.jpg
    CEP1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 12
  • CEP2.jpg
    CEP2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
Back