Who's Got an Interface with...

barry c

Banned
built in compression, and paid a reasonable amount of money for it.

Looking for a quality interface, with nice pre's, and compression on board,
with only one oe two channels needed at a time.

No need to start a new thread. People will see this one. If they can/will help, they'll respond.

In the meantime, I've got a focusrite twintrack platinum mic pre for sale that sounds great. It has a built in opto-compressor and there is an A/D converter board available for it. The opto-compressor adds a nice flavor to the track.

I have it posted in the Free Ads somewhere..... if you're interested.

I've got a Roland Quad Capture which has decent entry-level pres and onboard compression. The compression happens after the DA, so might be kinda pointless - I've never used it, so no idea how good it is, but reviews might help.

the Line 6 UX 2 ..kind of has a "built in" compressor.

you plug in and have to use the "gear box/pod farm" to go to the DAW.

Attachments

• UX2 screen.png
    UX2 screen.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 58
@ all, basicly to keep the signal chain nice an easy, convenience. Just want a touch of compression going in. Dont like a lot of gadgetry like to stay as simple as possible, writing songs is still my main point

@ all, basicly to keep the signal chain nice an easy, convenience. Just want a touch of compression going in. Dont like a lot of gadgetry like to stay as simple as possible, writing songs is still my main point

Convenience and compression should never be used in the same sentence IMO. I would suggest not limiting your options to something that is not necessary.

How about describing what it is your situation is, and what you would like from it. 'Writing songs' is quite vague. What are you writing? What instruments if any are you recording? What are you recording with?

Why are you so red? Edit: Oh, yeah you called these forums 'gay' yet you come back with questions. Hmmm...

:facepalm:

Convenience and compression should never be used in the same sentence IMO. I would suggest not limiting your options to something that is not necessary.

How about describing what it is your situation is, and what you would like from it. 'Writing songs' is quite vague. What are you writing? What instruments if any are you recording? What are you recording with?

Why are you so red? Edit: Oh, yeah you called these forums 'gay' yet you come back with questions. Hmmm...

:facepalm:

I might have called you gay, not the forum per se. Either you answer the question or you dont, I didnt ask to be asked, i asked to read an answer

Wow, you are a meanie. Pththth!

Your quote in THIS thread: "These forums are so gay. You all live here."

I gave an honest opinion and asked relevant questions. If you don't like it, what are you doing here?

Back