Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: What exactly is wrong with Behringer brand mixers?

BroKen_H is offline Grumpy Old Bear
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I think the old analogy comes to play. You don't buy a Dodge Caliber to drag race. You don't buy a Behringer board to produce radio ready music. But you can learn to drive in a Caliber...
    When you're ready to step up to the plate and get in the "game" contact people in the know (like HERE!) You could spend a lot of time and money on tubular frame design and construction, Donovan blocks, ported heads, etc. etc. and not be good at racing. So be happy with your board and learn and thrive and keep up the dream. When the faders crackle and the output fades you'll find a new system...and quite possibly Behringer will have a better quality line and you can still be a "brand follower" kind of guy!

BroKen_H is offline Grumpy Old Bear
    Thanks
    One of the best bass I ever played professionally was from a Swedish company called Headway (the best was a 72 issue Alembic). The guitar was brilliant, but the electronics were touchy, used batteries FAST, etc. Then Headway sold to a Japanese company and the electronics improved, but the quality of the guitar turned to dust... If I could just have gotten the electronics out of a Japanese and put them in my Swedish bass, I'd probably still have it. I've said that just to say, the old Behringer that we loved in the 70s and 80s when it was made in Germany is not the same Behringer you buy today. As was said earlier, the reason they still sell is because people remember the name, and the quality of the earlier company. Ask any Harley lover about the original issue of AMF Harleys...

grimtraveller is offline If only for a moment.....
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    As was said earlier, the reason they still sell is because people remember the name, and the quality of the earlier company.
    I'll stake my life on this; most people {myself included} buy or have bought Behringer stuff because of the price. Until this thread came along, I didn't even know Behringer had a good rep way back when and I bet lots of others didn't, either.

I'm laying it down, but the mice ain't picking it up !

Bobbsy is offline Boring Old Git
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimtraveller View Post
    I'll stake my life on this; most people {myself included} buy or have bought Behringer stuff because of the price. Until this thread came along, I didn't even know Behringer had a good rep way back when and I bet lots of others didn't, either.
    I'm as old as the hills and I don't remember Behringer ever having a particularly good rep.

However, talking about "Behringer" in general is a bit of a a pointless exercise. Some of their stuff is a bit dodgy but they also produce some darn good stuff.

For example, the speaker management system (DCX2496) is a great little product. To get the same facilities and quality from other manufacturers, you have to spend 2 or 3 times the cost.

Similarly, their first venture into digital mixers (DDX3216) was well though of by most users (and it's withdrawal from the market--brought about by changes to European recycling legislation--was moaned by many. Their new digital board, the x32, is getting rave reviews everywhere.

I've had 4 ADA8000s for almost 9 years now and (tempting fate) haven't had a single problem. The mic pres get a bit noisy above the 3 o'clock position on the trim but planning my gain staging stops this from being.

....and so on.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it as half full. The realist just drains the darn thing and gets a refill!

moresound is offline Loud Sun Studios
    New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    Their very first strings of compressors are still very highly sot after on the bay.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

bouldersoundguy is offline Modulator
    Thanks
    Should anybody be interested, here is the FCC's "Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture and Order" detailing the products, violations, fines etc.:

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/...C-06-13A1.html

witzendoz is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moresound View Post
    Their very first strings of compressors are still very highly sot after on the bay.
    I own 2 of them, the original composers, they are very good and still work faultlessly. I also have an original Ultrafex 2 Enhancer that I bought around the same time, these must be 15 to 18 years old by now.

alan.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information