Ultragain Pro ADA8000

peeteerrr

Hi, I was just wondering if I could get some advice. I brought the behringer ultragain pro-8 digital ADA-8000 the other day and i cant seem to get it to work with my m-audio delta 1010 audio interface breakout. Am I missing something? Any help would be gratefully recieved, Pete.

peeteerrr said:
Hi, I was just wondering if I could get some advice. I brought the behringer ultragain pro-8 digital ADA-8000 the other day and i cant seem to get it to work with my m-audio delta 1010 audio interface breakout. Am I missing something? Any help would be gratefully recieved, Pete.
Well, that depends on what you mean by "work with" the Delta. You cannot connect the two units to each other. They are not compatible. You can, however, hook them both to your computer simultaneously and have them work alongside one another for a total of 16 inputs and outputs.

The ADA8000 uses an ADAT lightpipe interface. The Delta 1010, (and the 1010-LT,) do not have this feature. The only way to make your ADA8000 work is to install an ADAT interface card into your computer such as this one.
Click Here (I am not recommending this brand. I just did a quickie search and it was the first one that popped up.)

You then connect the ADA8000 and your ADAT soundcard together using a fiber optics cable such as this one. Click Here All 8 channels can travel through that single fiber optic (Toslink) cable. (one way of course.)

I hope this helps.
RawDepth

Well you should be able to plug the ADA8000 into the Delta 1010 but not useing the ADAT out/in on the ADA8000 but useing it"s analogue outputs and the analogue inputs on the Delta 1010....

The Delta 1010 has 8 analogue inputs and the ADA8000 has 8 analogue outputs so you can connect the outputs from the ADA8000 into the 8 in"s on the Delta 1010....

Getting the ADAT card is the best option though....

Cheers

RawDepth said:
Well, that depends on what you mean by "work with" the Delta. You cannot connect the two units to each other. They are not compatible. You can, however, hook them both to your computer simultaneously and have them work alongside one another for a total of 16 inputs and outputs.

The ADA8000 uses an ADAT lightpipe interface. The Delta 1010, (and the 1010-LT,) do not have this feature. The only way to make your ADA8000 work is to install an ADAT interface card into your computer such as this one.
Click Here (I am not recommending this brand. I just did a quickie search and it was the first one that popped up.)

You then connect the ADA8000 and your ADAT soundcard together using a fiber optics cable such as this one. Click Here All 8 channels can travel through that single fiber optic (Toslink) cable. (one way of course.)

I hope this helps.
RawDepth

Minion is correct, you are wrong, this unit gives you the option of analog or digital outs.

jonnyc said:
Minion is correct, you are wrong, this unit gives you the option of analog or digital outs.
You are both mistaken. Go back and read your manual.

The ADA8000 does not pass signal from the XLR input to the XLR output. A signal present at the mic or line input is sent to the ADAT output only, (nowhere else.) A signal present at the ADAT input is sent to the XLR outputs only.

Peeteerrr,
The only way I can think of to pass signal straight through the unit is to short the two ADAT jacks together. (I've never tried that, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.) Simply take a Toslink cable and plug one end in the ADAT output and loop the other end to the ADAT input. You would then have essentially an analog preamp (x8) only.

What the hell! Maybe that's all the man wanted to begin with.

RawDepth

Last edited:
You are correct, I even own the unit and didn't realize that. I only ever use the unit for scratch tracks and talkback channels.

RawDepth said:
Simply take a Toslink cable and plug one end in the ADAT output and loop the other end to the ADAT input. You would then have essentially an analog preamp (x8) only.

But wouldn't the signal then be making a full round trip through the AD and DA converters?

Analog inputs > AD converter > ADAT output > ADAT input > DA converter > analog output.

It seems like it would work, but sending the signal through unneccesary AD/DA conversions should probably be avoided unless it is for scratch tracks.

SonicAlbert said:
It seems like it would work, but sending the signal through unneccesary AD/DA conversions should probably be avoided unless it is for scratch tracks.

You are correct but, this may be all he has to work with.

We are making a lot of assumptions. Perhaps the original poster will stop in and tell us more. We may all be on the wrong track. :rolleyes:

RD

nice nice

Hi, cheers for the help, I need to use it for miking up drums so all I want is the preamps. Record direct into the 8 ports on my 1010. Looks like the ADAT in straight to out is the solution for now, pete.

You can indeed "short" the TOSlink connections with a TOSlink cable and have the preamp signals pass to the analog outs of the ADA8000 and, yes, a full A/D/-D/A trip. I found nothing in the manual about conversion times.

Paj
8^)

Back