TRS cable recommendation ??

expatCanuck

Greetings -
Looking for a couple of cost-effective TRS cables that are 'good enough',
to connect an SX202 to a Delta 44 (both recently acquired from evilBay).
Thanks kindly.
- Richard
oldWithoutMoney.com

Last edited:
HOSA Brand is generally "good enough". It's not necessarily the highest build quality, but it passes signal just fine. Most retailers will carry it. Basically anything with TRS connectors on each end with wire in the middle will be good enough.

HOSA Brand is generally "good enough". It's not necessarily the highest build quality, but it passes signal just fine. Most retailers will carry it. Basically anything with TRS connectors on each end with wire in the middle will be good enough.

+1. It's not fabulous, but it works just fine. I'd never heard of Audiopile before...I'm looking at them pretty closely.

Frank

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
Someone here hooked me up with this site... ordered a bunch of toslink cables at sick low money... pretty impressed honestly, I was a bit sceptical because of the prices... but I'm very happy with the quality...

My only complaint is they can't seem to keep everything stocked... I was looking for a bunch of different cables, and was waiting to order them all at once to save on shipping, but eventually gave up on a few items after waiting about three weeks checking to see what was in... (when one came in another was sold out... etc)

+1 for audiopile. I've bought many cables from them and they are sturdy affordable, and most important, work just fine.

"cost-effective TRS cables"

Buy a good soldering iron, learn to solder (not hard just practice), buy good quality cable, buy good quality plugs. = cost effective cables.

Plus you can repair dud cables, make up odd ball cables / adaptors, etc.

Cheers

Alan.

I just got the radio shack heavy shielded ones. 6' in length and kind of purple-ish. $12 - $20 each depending on what time of year you buy them. Good enough and not pocket busters. Although I did need six of them (2x headphone preamp + studio monitors + stereo preamp). And a definite step up from the unbalanced cables I was using. Also with a delta 44.

Back