threshold gates

walters

A stereo GATE has 2 thresholds and 2 outputs
it would be like a threshold A/B which

example#1
I was thinking if the threshold is "Above" the gate will turn "on" going to output jack#1a phaser
when the threshold is "below" the gate will turn "off" but turning "on" a reverb

how can i do this please

example#2

Threshold is "above" the gate will turn "on" phaser#1 fast rate
Threshold is "below" the gate will turn "off" but goes to phaser#2 slow rate

example#3

Threshold is "above" the gate will turn "on" delay#1 500ms
Threshold is "below" the gate will turn "off" but goes to delay#2 250ms

example#4

Threshold is "above" the gate will turn "on" goes to AUX send#1
Threshold is "below" the gate will turn "off" but goes to AUX send#2

how can i do this with one gate threshold or using a stereo gate thresholds??

take the mono signal and run it to a splitter box then go to like 3 or more gates with different thresholds going to different effects boxes

i think this is the answer

Reactions: SRR
walters said:
take the mono signal and run it to a splitter box then go to like 3 or more gates with different thresholds going to different effects boxes

i think this is the answer
You've gotten part of the way there. At least you see that a gate is not an a/b switcher. But there is only a 'open on rise' and not a 'close on further rise'. As the level rises, and say the middle one 'opens' the lower one will still be open.

How do i use a GATE as a A/B switch or A/B switch with 2 different threshold settings with 2 outputs going to two different effect settings?

walters said:
How do i use a GATE as a A/B switch or A/B switch with 2 different threshold settings with 2 outputs going to two different effect settings?

I can only see one getting A/NO B or A/&B without the luxury of being able to raise the threshhold level on A in real time.

That's the only way I can see to have B without A.

Ooh....... or maybe sidechaining A's input off B's output level using an A/B switch to route B's output either straight to disc/amp or A/&B'd to A's sidechain input set to fall on B's rise. i guess you need a volume control over B as well in that scenario.

Think about it...... :confused:

Logic isn't my strongest point. Not like Spock or anything. I never conquered Rubics Cube. :(

And BTW, you guys would forget all about Beezs' ass if you saw mine. :D

Back