Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tc helicon voiceworks

keneds is offline New Member
    Thanks

Tc helicon voiceworks

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey There.. Has anyone tried the Voiceworks effect rack mount? I was looking at it on their website and was wondering if anyone here has tried it and how happy are you with it? Thanks, Ken

moresound is offline Loud Sun Studios
    New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    I've had fun with it!
    Seen a lot of TC's stage floor boxes live as well. They are all kinda cool the trick is to not go overboard with them. You can find it very easy to use it all of the time.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    I was planning it for my studio use where I am a one man band. It could help with my harmony tracks for voicing so it not just me singing at different octaves.

arcaxis is offline Why 2K?
    Thanks
    I've got a couple of TC Helicon's products, a Voicelive floor unit and a Voicetone Harmony G. Have a lot of fun with both, but as Henry had said don't go overboard using them.
    Unless you're seeing a really good deal on the Voiceworks rack, have you looked at the Voicelive Play units. They seem to be a step up from the Voiceworks for capability. There are two versions, one is plain vanilla and then the GTX which adds guitar input.

Checkout some of the Youtube demos.....
    VoiceLive Play - YouTube

Phrasemaker is offline Dedicated Member
    Thanks
    I have a Tc helicon voiceworks plus, very useful piece of equipment. I got it mainly because I wanted the capabilities of the unit incorporated into my set up, as I'm intending on recording a variety of singers once I have my entire studio sorted. The in your face stuff it does are just selling points, it's the post novelty subtle things that it does which make it very useful, the kind of stuff you discover once the fun of the bangs and whistles subsides. I am very IT capable, but personally prefer to work with knobs and sliders, hence I have all the hardware I need to be able to dial things in without going near a computer. Yes the harmonies and octaves are great, especially if you have it hooked up to a midi piano or other keyboard, my daughter loves it because she can instantly identify piano chords, as they appear in the helicon display if she's playing around with a bit of improvisation and using inversions she is unsure of, by the way she's six years old, so hasn't fully grasped every chord inversion but she's on the right track. Yes I could live without it easier than a good rack compressor, but if one is at the stage where some icing on the cake is to be had, the voiceworks plus make a nice topping. It does make it very easy to get a vocal to sit in a mix.

all the best

Tim
    Last edited by Phrasemaker; 12-27-2012 at 14:39.
    Lyrical Pursuits
    www.phrasemaker.co.uk

Thanks
    Does it HAVE TO run through a keyboard? I was looking to just run a mic into the voiceworks and then into my interface. Not sure how I would hook it up. Any ideas? I have a Tascam US-1800 interface.

arcaxis is offline Why 2K?
    Thanks
    Assuming the Voiceworks is similar to the Voicelive I have, some harmony patches use chord information via MIDI from a keyboard to create the harmonies. This can be done either actually playing a keyboard or playing back the MIDI chord information from a pre-recorded MIDI file. There are also scalic harmony patches that are based on the key of the song that work without a keyboard/MIDI and most of the time will sound OK depending on the song.
    The Voiceworks has balanced L/R outputs which would plug into the balanced line ins of your US-1800.

I attached a PDF file of the presets in the Voicelive to give you an idea of the variety.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    The voiceworks plus has the same kind of options as the units already mentioned, you can select scale/chord options if not hooked to a midi item. It connects by XLR or Jack depending on user choice or equipment needs. Perfectly happy to post a recording using some of the stuff it does if you are interested. I can do it over the weekend, probably tomorrow.

Tim
    Lyrical Pursuits
    www.phrasemaker.co.uk

Thanks
    Phasemaker, that would be great if you could do that. When it comes to the harmony effect, can you alter it to sound like all male voices? Thanks everyone for your input.

Thanks
    Hi, here is a small selection of vocals I did this morning, excuse the odd pop here and there, the wife generating a one person earthquake as only she can while being elsewhere in the building putting the shopping away. You can pan each harmony voice and change gender or various humanization levels and so on as required, and pretty much tinker with every aspect of every voice and store personalised presets, 100 of them. I didn't set any effect for the correct key or use any midi to set harmonies,I just switched on and recorded some vocals. Obviously, one would set it up if recording a track to get everything in respect of harmonies in key. There are adjustments for low cut, high cut, reverb, delay and a whole shed full of other parameters that can be tailored to whatever you are after.

Tim

http://soundcloud.com/phrasemaker/helicon-test
    Lyrical Pursuits
    www.phrasemaker.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information