Small budget mixer

Kristofferb

Hi,

I'm an amateur, and I wish to be able to record a live band; however the interface I have now, only has two mic preamps (it's a Presonus Firebox). That's why I'd like to get a small mixer, and then hook it up with the Firebox.

I've seen the Behringer XENYX 1222FX go pretty cheap used. The limited amount of reviews I found online seem very positive towards the product, but do any of you have any experience with the XENYX mixers?

I've heard that Behringer put bad products on the marked... But is that merely seen from the viewpoint of profesional engineers or does that apply to amateurs as well?

Please help this mixer-newb out. :-)

- Kristoffer.

Hi,

I'm an amateur, and I wish to be able to record a live band; however the interface I have now, only has two mic preamps (it's a Presonus Firebox). That's why I'd like to get a small mixer, and then hook it up with the Firebox.

I've seen the Behringer XENYX 1222FX go pretty cheap used. The limited amount of reviews I found online seem very positive towards the product, but do any of you have any experience with the XENYX mixers?

I've heard that Behringer put bad products on the marked... But is that merely seen from the viewpoint of profesional engineers or does that apply to amateurs as well?

Please help this mixer-newb out. :-)

- Kristoffer.

Yes i currently have the 2222FX...its a good mixer, but the usb interface it comes with sucks...but u have an already good interface...so its all good haha. Its given me some great recordings...and the FX can be pretty useful sometimes. I'd definitely recommend a Xeynx. Im a beginner/amateur i suppose..and I love it.

Cool. I already figured the USB interface might suck, but as you say, I already have a better interface.

Thanks for the reply.
Anyone else?

I've been offered a Soundcraft Spirit Folio F1 mixer cheaper than the Behringer unit. Should I go for it?

I wanted to upload a picture, but you need to have 5 posts to do so.

Any knowledge out there?

I've been offered a Soundcraft Spirit Folio F1 mixer cheaper than the Behringer unit. Should I go for it?

I wanted to upload a picture, but you need to have 5 posts to do so.

Any knowledge out there?
You can't think of two more things to say? :D Heck answer this post and you're half way there...

Soundcraft and Behringer are a toss-up... he says struggling not to say "out"

The UCA200 USB interface that comes with some Xenyx series mixers is an S/PDIF-less version of the UCA202, which sells for $30US, and it is not built into the mixer. It connects to the mixer via the Tape In/Out RCA jacks. It transmits only two simultaneous recording channels (L & R).

All this means that you have to pass your signals through the weakest (IMHO) part of the Behri mixers, which is the EQ and buss combination.

Also, I have a really tough time hearing the difference between the UB- and Xenyx-series eq's.

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
The UCA200 USB interface that comes with some Xenyx series mixers is an S/PDIF-less version of the UCA202, which sells for $30US, and it is not built into the mixer. It connects to the mixer via the Tape In/Out RCA jacks. It transmits only two simultaneous recording channels (L & R).

All this means that you have to pass your signals through the weakest (IMHO) part of the Behri mixers, which is the EQ and buss combination.

Also, I have a really tough time hearing the difference between the UB- and Xenyx-series eq's.

Paj
8^)

like i said..the interface sucks haha. Im stuck using it though til i save up some cash for an audio delta 1010....but the mixer it self is great as i said before...if your looking for simple, not neccesarily crazy pro stuff...it really gets the job done.

Back