S/PDIF problem (soooo weird)

tenkas

I have a kurzweil rumour and it appears that only the S/PDIF output doesn't work. I openend it and all soldering joints are nice, everything seems physicaly correct.

I am using S/PDIF special cables so this ain't the problem.

What is weird is that it used to work perfectly before....

Thanks

Have you tried wiggly the connection with the cable attached (gently)? I've found that the RCA SPDIF connectors can be a bit flimsy. Also, be sure to check the gear on the other end of the cable. Swap the SPDIF cable for another one as well, just to eliminate that as the source of the problem.

I've used regular RCA cables from my Kurzweil PC2R to my Delta 1010LT, and I think the only problems I've had were settings.

I think the computer being more of the problem than the box.

The cable works when I ouput a signal from my firepod to the kurzweil but the cable doesn't work when I ouput from the kurzweil to the firepod.

The weird thing is that I was able to get it to work 2 months ago, then I reboot and goodbye, it was gone.

What kind of settings in the box do you suggest I should do?

Thanks

tenkas said:
The cable works when I ouput a signal from my firepod to the kurzweil but the cable doesn't work when I ouput from the kurzweil to the firepod.

It's probably the FirePod. My FirePod S/PDIF I/O just suddenly stopped working. Do you have another device you can try going into the pod?

Ok I found out the probem (if any one has the same one).

Unplug the S/PDIF cable from the SPDIF IN on the firepod

Make sure you switch the firepod to INTERNAL CLOCK

Wait a few seconds

Switch it to SPDIF

Wait till the light is blinking

Plug the cable and WAIT FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS (this is crucial).

When your computer is not loading anything, it is safe to close the firepod window and go use cubase, sonar or any of your favorite recording program.

Presonus were not able to answer my question and I had this problem since they realeased the new driver and firmware.

Back