RNC -> TC M-One Reverb?

ghetto3jon

hello. i'd like to go from my RNC to my TC M-One reverb unit...but the RNC is unbalanced 1/4" out, and the TC is balanced XLR in. an obvious way to do it would be use a cable like this:

http://www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=54147

but would that degrade the sound? if that's the best way, does anyone know of any other manufacturers that make a 1ft TS-XLR cable (i'm trying to upgrade my cables from hosa to canare, mogami, etc...but hosa was the only brand i could find that makes this cable). of course, i could buy bulk and make my own...but that's another issue. how would i solder a balanced XLR cable to an unbalanced TS jack?

that place is killer. thanks! i think it would be best to make my own cables...i'm going to use the Mogami W2549 cable, and Neutrik NC3MX, NP2C, and NP3C connectors. it's crazy, Mogami charges $33 for a XLR to TRS cables...

anyway, i'm cool with making the XLR to TRS cables. that should be easy. but how would i solder the XLR to TS cables for the RNC to TC M-One?

thanks!

hey big kenny?

their "build your own cable" is reasonably priced as well. have you ever done that? how is the quality of the cable construction (as far as soldering and what-not)?

Wow, you know, that Redco place is pretty effin' sweet... Time to upgrade all my cables... It's kind of a surprise to see how much of a profit all these friggin' companies make off of this stuff though. :mad: Grr.

yeah, it quite maddening. i don't understand how the folks at monster sleep at night...those "jazz" "rock" and "bass" cables are a hilarious waste of money. long live redco!

I would do it like so:

Solder the XLR end like normal--one conductor wire to 1, one conductor wire to 2, and the copper shield to lug 3. Then on the other end, take the wire from XLR pin 1 & the shield and solder them both to the sleeve of the TS connector. Solder the wire coming from XLR pin 2 to the TS tip, and there you have it. Should be no problem.

Another thumbs up here for redco.com . I built a patchbay a few weeks ago. The shipping was lightning fast (I'm talking next day) and they did ship me rca's instead of 1/4" jacks like I ordered. I emailed them at 4pm and the 1/4" jacks were at my door the next morning. Great customer service, along with the prices.

Attachments

• redco.jpg
    redco.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41
Back