rack with legs so i can tilt back

walters

I'm looking rack with legs so i can tilt back so i can but next to my pedal board on the floor who makes one please?

What I do when I want to tilt my rack back is put a 2x4 or two under the front of it. I've also stacked the rack lids to do the same thing. One other time I built a stand out of wood and set the rack in it.

Iv'e never seen a rack with legs.

You could bolt them on, that wouldn't be a big deal to do.

The other thing you could do is get a couple of sturdy "L" brackets at a hardware store and bolt those on. They would function as legs and probably be lighter than 2x4's.

yea but i want them to be at a angle so when im playing guitar i can see the rack knobs and LCD display so the rack has to be tilted and angled at eye level u know from the floor to my eye standing up

More like this:

Pedal Pad MPSXL Modular Powered Pedal Board with Rack

SKB PS-100 Guitar Effects Pedal Board With Rack
[PS-100] $240.0

walters said:
yea but i want them to be at a angle so when im playing guitar i can see the rack knobs and LCD display so the rack has to be tilted and angled at eye level u know from the floor to my eye standing up

That's what I'm talking about. You'd bolt the "L" brackets to the front bottom of the case, with one leg of the "L" pointing down and the bolted portion pointing back.

Sort of like this:

<<<Front of rack
-------------------------
l
l
l
l
-------------------------
"L" bracket attaches to bottom of rack:
----------
l
l
l

The downward leg of the "L" bracket would be the leg of the rack that tips it back. You can get some very strong "L" brackets, so the weight of the gear shouldn't be an issue. The size of the "L" bracket would determine how steeply the rack would tilt back.

This would work great, be easy to do, and also be inexpensive. All you are doing is adding a couple legs to the front of the rack.

The only drawback would be if you need the rack very close to you. Then the angle would need to be very steep. In that case, you are almost better just putting the rack face up. I've done that many times as well. So the LCD's are facing straight up. You have just leave a little room for the cables to come out underneath the rack. What's worked for me is again something like a 2x4 tilting the rack toward the backstage slightly. So the LCD's are face up and tilting back.

With any home made rack accessories like this, it's important to also buy yourself a can of flat black spray paint. Once the 2x4's, "L" brackets or whatever are painted flat black no one in the audience can see them, or will notice them.

Last edited:
make stuff and make it look professional. fight being consumed and spending your time looking while you could be getting things done by yourself. its fun, rewarding, and costs less.

sonic albert has the right idea. especially with the paint.

Are u talking about really long "L" brackets because most "L" bracket i seen have been small they look like Rack EARS its not going to tilt at angle that much

What type of "L" brackets u seen do u have a pic or website please what u are talking about ??

No, with the "L" brackets I would not use the 2x4's. After thinking about it more, if you need a *very* steep angle the "L" brackets might not be practical. In that scenario you might think about it more from the perspective of having the rack face straight up. It's very easy to see the LCD's and adjust the controls when they are facing up. I just did a show for two months where I had my rack like that.

However, I have sitting right in front of me a computer monitor stand I made out of three "L" brackets and a piece of wood. Each side of the "L" bracket is 11.5 inches long. You could get a rack to tilt back pretty far with brackets like these.

Actually, I believe these "L" brackets are more like bookshelf brackets, the kind you screw into the wall to hold up shelving. Very sturdy. You'd probably be able to find them at Home Depot. Possibly in the area where they have shelving, and if not there, then certainly hardware.

While you are there don't forget the flat black spray paint!

Thanks alot SonicAlbert for the help

How did u do it facing the race up without pinching the cords in the back?

With those Big "L" brackets i would have to drill some holes in the rackspace case right?

Or i can tilt the rack at a angle and let it SIT at a angle on a BIG brick or piece of wood but if i have like 6 or 8 rackspace can get really heavy

i need like a big cube that is solid or a woodbox that is solid or something
that is as big to tilt the rack at a good angle like the pedalboards with rack how they do they

or you can shoot yourself in the face with a shotgun.
walters said:
Or i can tilt the rack at a angle and let it SIT at a angle on a BIG brick or piece of wood but if i have like 6 or 8 rackspace can get really heavy

i need like a big cube that is solid or a woodbox that is solid or something
that is as big to tilt the rack at a good angle like the pedalboards with rack how they do they

walters said:
Thanks alot SonicAlbert for the help

How did u do it facing the race up without pinching the cords in the back?

With those Big "L" brackets i would have to drill some holes in the rackspace case right?

You put a piece of wood under one side of the rack, lifting it and giving enough space for the cables to pass through. On one of my racks I've drilled a hole in the side big enough for the cables to pass through. So on the rack the cables come out the side of the rack, not the bottom.

The brick or piece of wood under it to tilt the rack back is exactly what I was trying to describe earlier in this thread. I often use a 2x4 to do exactly that.

And with the "L" brackets you would have to drill holes in the bottom of the rack. Measure carefully! You'd also need short screws and bolts or a metal saw to trim off the excess length of screw above the bolt. I personally would also put a bit of tape on each bolt so it wouldn't scratch the gear when loading it in or out of the rack.

the easiest way would be to put a set of tilt back legs on the rack... like the old fender twin amps... they were built onto the sides of the amp.

tilt back legs on the rack... like the old fender twin amps

Yea i was thinking about that to because i have a silverface twin but i would have to drill holes on the sides do u think this will really work guys ?

SonicAlbert thats a good idea to put the cable coming out of the side to help not Pinch the cables when tilting the rack

Back