Preamp/Compressor Presonus Studio Channel

hiphop24360

Hey, I record hip hop vocals. (THIS IS A DOUBLE POST, ONE IN RECORDING FORUM, MODS MERGE THEM OR DELETE ONE, SORRY DONT KNOW HOW)

Right now my recording chain is a Rode K2 into the stock preamps on my EMU 404 USB 2.0, into cubase, plus compression, EQ, and sometimes Plug ins sprinkled in lightly.

The thing is I just started recording about a month ago and I know there is more I have to learn about the equipment I already have, I feel I might be jumping ahead of myself by looking at a compressor/preamp already, On the other hand I konw in order to achieve an even semi professional sound a decent preamp and quite often compressor are almost a neccessity for those warm punchy rap vocals you hear on commercial cds. (Not that I expect to achieve that quality for many years and many purchases)

But I found a Preamp/Compressor that seems to be getting pretty good reviews and is very reasonably priced, the presonus studio channel.

Basically I was wondering do you all think it is worth investing in at this point, and why or why not.

*Edit, The presonus studio channel compressor is listed in many places as having a maximum ratio of 2:1, this is NOT TRUE, it is 12:1 maximum compression. So yea don't let there horrible typo manual sway your oppinion

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--PRSSTUDIOCHANNEL

^Link to product described

Hey, I record hip hop vocals. (THIS IS A DOUBLE POST, ONE IN RECORDING FORUM, MODS MERGE THEM OR DELETE ONE, SORRY DONT KNOW HOW)

Right now my recording chain is a Rode K2 into the stock preamps on my EMU 404 USB 2.0, into cubase, plus compression, EQ, and sometimes Plug ins sprinkled in lightly.

The thing is I just started recording about a month ago and I know there is more I have to learn about the equipment I already have, I feel I might be jumping ahead of myself by looking at a compressor/preamp already, On the other hand I konw in order to achieve an even semi professional sound a decent preamp and quite often compressor are almost a neccessity for those warm punchy rap vocals you hear on commercial cds. (Not that I expect to achieve that quality for many years and many purchases)

But I found a Preamp/Compressor that seems to be getting pretty good reviews and is very reasonably priced, the presonus studio channel.

Basically I was wondering do you all think it is worth investing in at this point, and why or why not.

*Edit, The presonus studio channel compressor is listed in many places as having a maximum ratio of 2:1, this is NOT TRUE, it is 12:1 maximum compression. So yea don't let there horrible typo manual sway your oppinion

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--PRSSTUDIOCHANNEL

^Link to product described

I Was looking for that too but you Must Try he M-Audio Tampa That's a Grrreat Pre/Comp.(And you can buy it for $200-$250 Used on the BAY.

Back