Post a picture of your rack! :o

What are the colored rack units by your midi controller?
those are effects units made by Electrix, now discontinued. they sound REALLY good though... and were REALLY cheap ($300-400 new.... GC sold them at one time for $100 each. i bought their entire stock and sold each one for $200 on ebay and made THOUSANDS of dollars.) but even at $300-400 they were still a great deal. the red one is a vocoder, the green a filter, the blue a time-sync'd effects, and the smaller yellow an absolute cut EQ used for remixing, and the small green another filter.

if you look at the pictures of composition studios in Keyboard and similar mags, you can see many big name producers and composers with these things in their racks.......... love 'em. they look like cheap plastic in the pictures, but they are actually in die cast metal cases that are 1/4" thick!

if you can find them for $100-200...i say buy it!--they're so fun!

WOW

Jake, Blue Bear, and Recording Engineer!!!

You guys have some equipment I have only dreamed of singing through. I saw a great river , and a focusrite REd, and then well , I passed out a few times. But no seriously, um If any of you guys live near North Carolina, I would gladly pay you for your services, to help me record and album. I got these 9 really good songs I have been siting on for quite some time now. I was just waiting for the right moment to record them , when I got some better equipment, but I really need to get them down, cause im starting to forget them.

FF - I'm not near North Carolina, but your recording dollar goes further when converted to Canadian funds!!! ;)

Isn't it a time for a trip to Ottawa?!?!?

:)

I certainly wouldn't say I have all that much outboard gear, but certainly enough to fill that empty rack in the picture!

Frusciante_Fan,

Sorry, I'm on the other coast... Never been on your side, but in the next couple of years, I'm making an SC trip with my girl!

Tell you what, if you take some time off work and come-up with a round-trip plane ticket to Sacramento, CA, then I'll pick you up, you'll stay at my place for a week or what ever, and we'll record...

Fine Print: This offer is good until my week days are no longer free due to having to get a day job... Which better be in the next few weeks!

Rack Pics

I don't have current pics with the antares vocal producer and Behringer Ultra-Dyne 9024 - Oh Well!

Attachments

• rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 427
You guys have some serious shit!! Damn nice, guys.

I'm curious how long you guys have been doing this. I'm at about 3 weeks. I wanna know how many years before i have a setup like yours.

KevinTran said:
You guys have some serious shit!! Damn nice, guys.

I'm curious how long you guys have been doing this. I'm at about 3 weeks. I wanna know how many years before i have a setup like yours.

Takes money brutha'! Takes a LOTTA" MONEY!!!:D ;) :D

MISTERQCUE said:
Takes money brutha'! Takes a LOTTA" MONEY!!!:D ;) :D

Money's not too much of an issue if it's something you really enjoy and love, especially if it's drawn out over time. Some of these pics look like the inside of a space shuttle.

KevinTran said:
Money's not too much of an issue if it's something you really enjoy and love, especially if it's drawn out over time. Some of these pics look like the inside of a space shuttle.

True!

I went back into recording about a year and a half ago, thanks to my day job.

My prior set-up revolved around af Yamaha NS-10's/Fostex 4-track setup, but sold it in 93 to go into live-sound.

Bowisc

Back