Thread: Patchbay Labels-- template

FenderTL5 is offline Newbie

Question Patchbay Labels-- template

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey there, I got a strange one here.

I need to re-label 30 ADC Patchbays (audio)
    and 18 Trompeter Electronics (TE)video patch bays.
    I've been playing with MS Excel as a guide.

Does anyone know of a software template that allows you to type in the information and it match up to the PB face?

MISTERQCUE is offline Not Just Anutha Brutha
    I go the cheap route! With a ruler,some scizzors,tape and thin marker I do my own and then copy it on a copier!

Originally posted by MISTERQCUE
    I go the cheap route! With a ruler,some scizzors,tape and thin marker I do my own and then copy it on a copier!
    Thanks for the reply.
    The question was kind of a whim I'll admit. I did that with my Furman patchbay that I have at home. I thought, just maybe, someone had already taken the time to tweak out a MS Word document or Excel spreadsheet that aligned the words with the holes.

An MS Excel spreadsheet seems to make more sense.. line up the little boxes. You'd only have to cut the "strip" then slide it in to the label slot. I guess I'll mess with it some more, in theory, I only have to get it right once.

fretless is offline Junior Member
    i can only speak for my patchbays - neutrik and behringer - but maybe there are similarities ...?

for neutrik patchbays there´s a little utility where you can edit and save those patchbay labels - works for me - by the way: i use it for the nys-spp. you should be able to download it from their homepage at www.neutrik.com. if you don´t find it i can mail it to you - the zip-file is about 350kb - just mail me!

for the behringer px2000 i have created suiting labels in ms-excel - same as above: if you want the file, mail me!

have phon!

fretless

scodu is offline Senior Member
    Hey Fretless!
    Thanks for the information on the program from Neutrik. Could you e-mail the Behringer MS Excell program to me, I sure could use that too!

For everyone interested here is the link to the page with that Neutrik label program on it.

http://www.neutrik.com/start.asp?country=fl

After the page loads click on "Products" and look for "Download patchlabel program".

scodu

Downside Studio is offline Have hole in sock..
    I have excel sheets for the signex CP44
    Downside Music Productions
    http://www.downside.nl

Thanks to all who have offered some direction.

I have created my own templates using MS Excel. The TE (video) PB was the one giving me fits. I decided to finish the ADC PB template 1st. It was easy enough.

The TE Patchbay has the holes lined up horizontally in pairs..the little space has to be added to make it line up right.
    So I have:

/hole1/hole2/space/hole3/hole4/space..

Anyway, now the fun begins. Figuring out all my notes so I can create accurate labels.

ALSO, I did find a Studio management software package that says it has patchbay label templates, here's the link:

http://www.digidesign.com/products/p...roduct_id=1680

Ed

Thread Information