Thread: my effects setup

gitrokr is offline Dedicated Member
    Thanks

my effects setup

Sign in to disable this ad
    im wondering if i should be putting any of my effects through my effects loop and where it is on my amp...let me tell you what i have so far.

from my guitar i go into a aphex aural exciter w/bigbottom rack unit, a whammy reissue, a boss ph-2 phaser, a ibanezcf-7chorus, a boss ds-1 distortion, a boss dd-5 delay, a boss tu-2 tuner, a volume pedal and then to my amp. so right now--all of my effects are just input, output, input, output all in a row...and i was wondering if i should be taking advantage of my effects loop in my amp.

for an amp i have a fender deville 410....and im guessing the effects loop is the preamp out?? well in what order would you suggest putting my effects and why, and which ones i should put in my effects loop? i heard that some effects a better before the preamp stage and some are better after...what types of tones and sounds will differ between each? please help me

deafen is offline Junior Member
    Thanks
    One generally accepted best sounding signal chain goes like this:

guitar -> distortion -> preamp -> modulation -> time-based -> power amp

The volume pedal can go anywhere, but the later in the chain, the less noise you'll have when the pedal is turned down.

Here's how I'd lay out those effects:

guitar -> TU-2 -> DS-1 -> preamp in -> fx loop out -> whammy -> chorus -> phaser -> aphex -> DD-5 -> volume-> fx loop in

Generally, as long as the distortion and preamp come before the whammy, chorus, and phaser, and the delay is last, you're good. From there, it's just a matter of taste.

D

mef_1975 is offline Newbie
    Thanks
    Yaaaaaaa, good advice from above... A little tweek on the chain listed there, put the volume pedal right before the DD-5... then I guess you could turn everything down on the last note of a song and still hear the delay fade out?

Sloan is offline Force of Nature
    Thanks
    agreed.

but it's still hard for me to imagine that anyone ever got anything useful from a DS-1. wtf. I hate those things.

mef_1975 is offline Newbie
    Thanks

DS-1 sucks

Ya, I alway's liked the OS-2

Thread Information